Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    True, but has been pretty good of late asking whether I want to or not. Now that I think about it, it would be less problematic if windows adviced with the following : "windows NEEDS to be restrated in order for your program to work"

Maybe this version will say it on ALL software that requires such. Is not uncommon for issues to arrise from not restarting after installing. (Drivers - Games - General Apps - Utilities and so on. ) ...Ofcourse yet another topic of discussion ... and I hate to be called out on that. Hahahaa.
    Last edited by Ponder; 07-29-2015 at 03:49 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

I hope you like it D.
    "Each person alive helps paint the living picture of civilization as it exists at any given time. Be your own best artist. Your thoughts, feelings, and expectations are like the living brush strokes with which you paint your corner of lifes landscape. If you do your best in your own life, then you are helping to improve the quality of all life. Your thoughts mix and merge with others, to form man's living-scape, providing the vast mental elements from which physical events will be formed"

One finger or two?
    Running Win 10 now and so far it's a pleasant experience. Edge works well and the web note feature is a blast to use. UI is nice and clean and everything is just so much easier to find compared to Win8 - 8.1

So far no complaints.
    It's what your right hands for..

How would you compare it to W7?
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Ask me in a month.

Things like One Drive and a host of other "Features" like them are a drain for me. Once I trim down the invasive stuff I don't want ... and remove anything else that's a waste, I do believe I have some positives to share. Color scheme looks good with a much better layout for accessibility. Loaded up quick and smooth sailing thus far. BUT - way to early at this stage ... need that week of insight first. One persons glitch will be pointless to compare at any rate. The futility with such caparisons in forums like these can be likened to comparing medications. With the limited amount of info given in unspecified & generic forums you can be sure that drama will most certainly ensure that is about as humorous as plugging in the power pack.

Good luck with that.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

One finger or two?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    How would you compare it to W7?
    Compared to Win7 it is very different, it's clear the Microsoft have tried to take the best bits from 7 and 8 and merge them into one OS. I have not experimented with Cortana yet but i'm really digging Microsoft Edge, it's fast and easy on the eyes.

It's surprisingly stable, I haven't had a single crash yet. Cloud services work as expected without any problems, and it's pretty light on system resources too.

Even the file browser has been redesigned to make finding things easier. Media playback options are limited, but that's sorted once you install VLC.

Microsoft have got it right this time.

oh that's interesting thank you Mist, I use only VLC
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

One finger or two?
    After more digging around, it actually comes with quite a nice media player which is far nicer than the old media player. It doesn't support as many formats as VLC but that's to be expected.

But it is quite attractive and all the most important features like playlists and things are there..

there was a media player years ago I love it, and used to listen the music, hm of course I forgot the name of that software........................
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

One finger or two?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    there was a media player years ago I love it, and used to listen the music, hm of course I forgot the name of that software........................
    Winamp?

http://www.winamp.com/