Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks! Ok.. it is home - not pro - so I guess it has a mind of its own then lol

A-w-e-s-o-m-e....................................!!!

You won't believe this..

I went straight from XP to 10. I have never owned a computer with Vista or 7. I don't use my laptop much because it requires a constant connection to update and I have limited connection here. I have to pick a public wifi to update it and I HATE using public anything as far as internet goes. I worry about Wi-Fi Eavesdropping.

EDIT:

My laptop actually started with windows 8 and the free upgrade to 10 was offered for free. I got it 2nd hand and it has issues. It was free though...YAY
    Last edited by salvator here; 09-29-2019 at 09:15 PM.

I have W10 for over a year of course updated version now is 1903 I think. I am kind of happy with it
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I've been spending some time updating my laptop when I use public wifi and I think Its fully updated finally after several restarts. I will say Edge is quite impressive and fast Sadly the laptop has some issues and it was free so I can't complain.

Right now my main machine is still running NT 5.1 with Pale Moon Browser and I can't complain it does everything I need it to do, enjoy my classic game emulators.. I have it tightened up and almost all ports closed accept for the web browser along with Malwarebytes on board. I also occasionally use MYPAL Browser as well; very good and privacy focused.
    Last edited by salvator here; 10-22-2019 at 06:56 PM.

and how do you like W10? I do not use edge at all, I have a high dislike to Microsoft browsers , I use mainly FF and Duckducktogo
    Which version did you get Sal. I have the last one which is 1903 build. a lot of improvement in it
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

So far - so good with it and I fully updated it yesterday to feature update version 2004. No issues thus far. Duckducktogo is also my default search engine. Sometimes I use g00gle when I can't find something but I don't like to because they really track the hell out of you.

The only thing I'm not too thrilled with concerning this build is that Cortana stays running in the background and I see now way to disable it

;ho I dissabled it it is not running , subscribe to this guy and he will show you a lot of tricks on windows 10 and not only , he is awesome https://www.youtube.com/c/ThioJoe/videos
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Thanks Dahila I'll be sure to check out his channel Anything to decrease Microsoft from spying sounds good in my book.