Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anxiety attacks and hunger

Hey guys,its LeBoKe again,i know it might sound so silly but i do have a question on whether its the anxiety that makes me hungry or its the food i eat that doesnt make me full,i can feel hungry even when i just finish eating,and these days if i was a drunk i would say am a german tank,i eat a lot,like wherever i am at,i have to be having some to chew.and i am really scared of canned foods,once i think its not looking like the one i ate last tym,i wont eat cos i wld be scare they will make me sick,but i will be hungry anyway

This is actually super normal.
    It's called "stress" eating.
    Food is truly like a drug for a lot of people- especially sugary foods or carbs. Your brain responses to them almost like a drug, making you feel happy for a short period of time while eating them..
    "I've got 99 problems and 93 of them are completely made up scenarios in my head that I'm stressed about for absolutely no logical reason."

I have a different problem, I am breaking up with my live in boyfriend and I have not been able to eat hardly anything. This always happens to me I am thin anyway and now I have lost 4 pounds. I have always been this way when I get happy is when I put on weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nervous Ninny View Post
    I have a different problem, I am breaking up with my live in boyfriend and I have not been able to eat hardly anything. This always happens to me I am thin anyway and now I have lost 4 pounds. I have always been this way when I get happy is when I put on weight.
    I am exactly like you. When im upset/anxious/stressed, I can't eat for anything..

When I get happy again is also when I start to eat.

everyone is different
    "I've got 99 problems and 93 of them are completely made up scenarios in my head that I'm stressed about for absolutely no logical reason."

One finger or two?
    When i get stressed out theres only one thing on my mind..

It's what your right hands for..

same here. Lost a lot of weight in the last two weeks stressing about what else?..... LOSING WEIGHT> ugh this battle never ends.

I was that way before my anxiety started. When stressed I would eat and eat. Now, with my anxiety, I have no desire to eat and when I do force myself to eat, I eat much less. I just try to make sure that when I do eat that I focus on healthy/nutrient rich foods due to my intake being less.

My anxiety and depression has completely messed up my appetite. Most days I don't have much of an appetite but I force myself to eat because I know I need the nutrients and energy to function. My psych just changed my meds though so I'm hoping that will help with my lack of appetite.
    Your day will go the way the corners of your mouth turn-Unknown

I get that. I lose my appetite when I'm in the midst of an "anxiety storm" as well.
    Do you have trouble swallowing as well? That's what happens to me.

When you are stressed, you are likely to eat more food. Try to relax yourself. Focus on your breath when you gets the anxiety attacks. I used to do 5 minute meditation. I drink lots of water too. It really helped me coping my anxiety.