Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

I can't stop my panic attacks?

A few months ago I had gotten my first panic attack. It was awful but for a good month or so I didn't really have anymore. I mean I had a little anxiety and the ones I did get I could easily stop within a half an hour. But then around the end of May I had a horrible one. It lasted on and off for a whole week and I couldn't control them until I finally I made an appointment with a therapist. It helps a lot but ever since that panic attack I haven't been right. I was given Ativan and I didn't like the feeling and then I was giving something else and I am bit scared to take it because it induces asthma.
    But in between then and now I have been edgy and stuff but I can control them a bit. UNTIL again Thursday I had another one but worse that I ended up calling 911 because I thought it was something else. So this whole this is happening again and I can't fully calm myself down. Breathing helps a little but sometimes I feel like I am too focused on it. I try to concentrate on other things but I cant!
    It is ruining my life and my now I feel so dizzy. What works for you? What can I do without meds? I am so edgy around everyone and I can't even focus on breathing exercises because my family keeps scolding me. Walking and exercises mess me up as well. The never use to before and my breathing is so messed up.

I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong area or something. I am new.

Hey there and welcome

That sucks you can't do your breathing exercises because they are an awesome way of dealing with anxiety. Can you explain to your family how important they are?

Exercise is good as well but it sounds like you need to get your breathing under control first.

All the best,
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    Hey there and welcome

That sucks you can't do your breathing exercises because they are an awesome way of dealing with anxiety. Can you explain to your family how important they are?

Exercise is good as well but it sounds like you need to get your breathing under control first.

All the best,
    Gypsy x
    Slight thread hi-jack, but when did you start putting kisses at the end of your posts? This is a forum, woman, not a birthday card!

Alex, welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by jessed03 View Post
    Slight thread hi-jack, but when did you start putting kisses at the end of your posts? This is a forum, woman, not a birthday card!

Alex, welcome!
    Like a year ago? I don't know, it's a bit gay isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    Like a year ago? I don't know, it's a bit gay isn't it?
    We all need some hugs and kisses!

I'm changing it to a capital X. I'm hereby known as Gypsy X