Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Hello, I am new here.

Hello

I am a 34 year old UK male, married with a 4 year old son. I adore my wife & child. I've always had mild anxiety, but 3 months ago this became worse. After a trip to Vegas I convinced myself I had AIDS (without a risk & I tested negative) & then leukaemia. I finally started CBT 2 weeks ago which is helping a lot. However, my wife has dropped the bombshell that she cannot cope with this & we are likely to split, which has made my anxiety return. She previously had counselling which resulted in her being estranged from her parents & siblings for years, now it seems it is my turn.

I was surprised as when she picked me up on my return from Vegas she said she wanted us to have another child! As I am away at a family wedding I am hoping the time apart will do us good. She said she can't guarantee that she would come to relationship counselling, which I have suggested, given that she is receiving personal counselling & it is since then that she has decided that she is unhappy.

Does anyone have any tips? All I want is a chance and to,talk about this rather than being shut out. I don't want to,Rush in though as due to my anxiety I may have tried too hard when I started recovering. I really wish this wasn't happening. My particular problem now is not being able to sleep.

Thanks

Stuart

Hi Stuart and welcome
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Hi Stuart,

Welcome to the forum. I feel for you on your situation.

You've got it right, don't rush, take everything one day at a time, one hour at a time even one minute at a time.

Things will work out the way they are supposed to.

Please feel free to post as you need to, we are here to help, or at the least just listen, sometimes that helps more than anything.

Cheerd!

Hey there, welcome!

I have also been going through a lot of issues with my marriage due to my anxiety. My husband I split up once already and got back together about 8 months ago.. and are going through another rough patch again.

My husband really wants children, I am just not ready on a lot of levels, plus I think we need to be in a good place.

I think taking is slow is a great idea. You and you wife need to make sure you guys are stable and ready for baby number 2, especially if she was just talking about a split not too long ago.

we are all here for you!

-Lindsey
    "I've got 99 problems and 93 of them are completely made up scenarios in my head that I'm stressed about for absolutely no logical reason."