Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Threaded View

Question Experiencing anxiety for the first time, any ways to helps cope?

A few weeks ago now something triggered me to develop an increase in my anxiety, I believe it was due to a noise that began in my ear which has caused me to obsess over my health. I am continuously thinking now that I have some sort of cancer, I notice all the aches and pains on my body and think this is it, I must have something that is going to kill me. No matter what I do these thoughts I have are always in the back of my mind, I try to be rational but it's hard. Since this anxiety has started for me I have gotten very odd head pressure sensations, which of course makes me think I have a brain tumour. I also had panic attacks for about a week, they have stopped in the last week or so but I did have one a couple days ago.. I know anxiety can cause many different things to happen to your body but I can't always rationalize with this thought and I go on thinking there is something seriously wrong with me. I did go to my doctor and he said I seemed fine, although it was a brief check up so that did not relieve me much, he did refer me to an ENT for my ear and I am supposed to have blood work done, but I am afraid of getting results. I cannot get the thought that I may have some form of cancer out of my head which has caused many of those who care about me to become frustrated as they continuously tell me I need to stop thinking this way. I've never experienced such a high level of anxiety before so I do not really know how to deal with it and it is causing my mind and body a lot of stress. I find my anxiety is highest at night or when I am alone and that is when I feel the odd sensations as well as notice any aches or pains on my body. I also have the tendency to look many symptoms up on google, which I know can be a bad thing to do.. I feel as though I need constant reassurance that I am okay, but even with it I still don't feel better. I truly would like to get over this anxiety as it has really changed who I am over the past three weeks, or I would at least like to learn to cope with it better. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated
    Last edited by Nicolenz; 06-27-2015 at 01:08 AM.