Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules1979 View Post
    I have heard that as well about Prozac, is that what you were diagnosed with? I have gad all the time lol... Still feeling anxious all the time but I'm gonna give the Zoloft 6 weeks before I call it quits, I'm also on xanex
    They say I have "acute" agoraphobia & gad.. I'm with you, I feel anxious all the time. Just some days not so bad. I hope the Zoloft works for you! I've been put on that too but I only gave it a week. At that time, I had no idea you generally feel worse before better. Xanax was my best friend! The only time I could actually function & enjoy what I was doing.

I have GAD and panic disorder..I went through a period of depression but I feel like I conquered that part..

Zoloft was one med that actually helped me a lot.. but it made me lose weight like crazy, to the point where I was sickly skinny. I could eat like 3 pizzas in a day and stay the size of a rail. I dropped below a healthy BMI.. It was unhealthy and I looked like a crack addict.. My doctor tried to lowest possible dose too, and also tried adding on other meds to counter the weight loss but nothing worked..

Here in WA I can't get stuff like Xanax, any benzos really, unless Im having a procedure done at an office. They are so sketched out handing that stuff to anyone because of all the people who abuse it and ruin it for others.

I hope it turns out well for you, though. good luck!
    "I've got 99 problems and 93 of them are completely made up scenarios in my head that I'm stressed about for absolutely no logical reason."

Zoloft

Quote Originally Posted by BrookeLynnnn View Post
    They say I have "acute" agoraphobia & gad.. I'm with you, I feel anxious all the time. Just some days not so bad. I hope the Zoloft works for you! I've been put on that too but I only gave it a week. At that time, I had no idea you generally feel worse before better. Xanax was my best friend! The only time I could actually function & enjoy what I was doing.
    I've had anxiety off on and on since I was 19 but for the most part it was always connected to my irregular heart beat. The last 4 to 5 months it's just there and haven't been able to shake it, it was just so weird to me because I feel like everything's pretty good but I'm anxious for no reason.. I started seeing a therapist once a month .. Saw her last month and it was ok? I pray the Zoloft starts working... I see little changes so I'm hoping by week 6 I'll be a lot better! I can see how someone would gain weight on it. At first I lost a major amount of weight but now my appetite is off the hook! LOL

My doctor prescribes me 0.5mg Klonopin "once" a day as needed. It works...but sometimes not fast enough. I would really love to be prescribed Xanax. I buy off my buddy when he has them. Not to abuse at all, but the work so much faster and "harder". I do like how Klonopin lasts almost all day it feels like though.

Avanza (Mirtazapine) daily for me

Alepam when needed - which atm is far too often which I do not like at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BrookeLynnnn View Post
    I'm curious what everyone takes for agoraphobia
    Well.... I take seroquil 3 times a day, 50 MGS for anxiety...
    Propranolol for tremors, 80 MGS twice a day.
    A mood stabilizer twice a day, 600 MGS.
    Remeron at bed time, 30 MGS for sleep.
    Effexor 150 MGS in morning.

I think I need my meds stronger...
    I'm twisted like an Rubiks cube.
    Add me as a friend on here to talk..
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Go to link below to see me and Esme.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

https://image.ibb.co/gCKsxq/33816540-807220306145297-7328234837234417664-n.jpg

Healthy Life Style Choices and Sheer Will Power. :P

Many of the listed medications here failed for me...made things worse.

only small dose 0.5 mg of clonazepam, the rest of meds caused too many side effects , especially gabapentin, but it helped me to get grip on my anxiety
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Doc switched me from gabapentin to Pregabalin as I was getting numb in the face from it. It is helping me.

Sal in a year or two I was on I had gained 60 pounds, be careful
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore