Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

How to manage anxiety at work..

I have had anxiety for several years now. I've tried medication (I had horrible side effects) meditation, breathing exercises, and excercise..nothing has work. My anxiety has been getting worse lately and is effecting my job and personal life. I've pretty much become a hermit..I get panic attacks 3 to 4 times a day..I'll feel like I can't catch my breath, chest pain, extreme fatigue, and even dizziness. I've had several jobs since 2014 because with my anxiety I just can't handle a job and eventually leave. I also have health issues which are worsened by stress and could eventually be fatal. I need some advice on where to go from here if anyone has been through a similar scenario. Thanks!

Hi Savannah and welcome,

Yep I have and I basically couldn't work. I'm not sure if that's an option for you though (I know it isn't for most people unfortunately). People will say don't let anxiety rule your life like that but when it gets to the point where it's ruining your health, I just don't think it's worth it. Is there any way you can take time off work to just get yourself better?

Cheers,
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer