Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That comment just reminded me of a bunch of (not PC coming) hicks I met in Reading PA.

It's okay. Country folks and Christians are always allowed to be made fun of
    No PC applies to them
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

Quote Originally Posted by NixonRulz View Post
    It's okay. Country folks and Christians are always allowed to be made fun of
    No PC applies to them

OMG you are so bad!!!! But not wrong, either of you.

Ok boys, we need to turn this thread back to the OP. No disrespect intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Joiningyou
    I'm having a bad night .. it's past midnight and I can't sleep. I'm having some bad thoughts .. I'm struggling to see purpose in my life. I work a job in a special needs school but have been treated differently by the staff causing panic attacks which have caused me to be signed off work for a month as they're that bad .. I want to retrain as something new but my social anxiety causes me to drop courses just as I start .. I'm 21, I'm not a good looking guy at all and that's not being hard on myself I'm really not .. I guess some people can just get on with things .. I always just wanted to do good in this world but something holds me back I can never get past and nobody understands .. what's the point of it all if I can't do anything good
    Sometimes I will read a post and find some personal relation to it. This... this has been my story for a long time.
    I shied away from socialization because I felt like one of those misunderstood monsters from the movies. I'm certainly no beauty pageant winner either, freakshow short, fat, with a crooked face, a serious malocclusion and a skin tone that only knows two colors: lobster and ghost. In the end all I wanted was to do something good with myself yet I found it so difficult to be around people I hid instead.
    I started working with the school district to do that something good, started taking education courses yet by some twist of fate seemed to find myself dropping out before finals. Two years ago I stopped trying, instead remaining inside my house for months at a time. I just didn't see the point anymore. Outside was scary, I felt eyes on me all the time, I never seemed to quite measure up to my own expectations.
    Today I met with 3 different people, strangers, at my home, in an effort to sell my van. I went to the local community college to finish registering for my summer Drafting course. I ordered a pizza over the phone and gratefully accepted the order at the door with an easy smile. They don't seem like much but to me they're huge.
    If I hadn't made the decision to get back out there I would still be where I was a year ago, huddled in my home, fearing every car door sound I hear outside. Today I sat on my couch, my best friend at my side, eating pizza I ordered while discussing how elated I was to start my next class, and I felt true contentment.
    There is a world out there just for you. Even with your perceived shortcomings you are awesome, and beautiful, because you are you. That's pretty damned neat, i think. Have hope that tomorrow will be a better day, forgive yourself for all of your bad days... we all have them. I still have them in varying frequency. You've got this.

Quote Originally Posted by sae View Post
    Sometimes I will read a post and find some personal relation to it. This... this has been my story for a long time. I shied away from socialization because I felt like one of those misunderstood monsters from the movies. I'm certainly no beauty pageant winner either, freakshow short, fat, with a crooked face, a serious malocclusion and a skin tone that only knows two colors: lobster and ghost. In the end all I wanted was to do something good with myself yet I found it so difficult to be around people I hid instead. I started working with the school district to do that something good, started taking education courses yet by some twist of fate seemed to find myself dropping out before finals. Two years ago I stopped trying, instead remaining inside my house for months at a time. I just didn't see the point anymore. Outside was scary, I felt eyes on me all the time, I never seemed to quite measure up to my own expectations. Today I met with 3 different people, strangers, at my home, in an effort to sell my van. I went to the local community college to finish registering for my summer Drafting course. I ordered a pizza over the phone and gratefully accepted the order at the door with an easy smile. They don't seem like much but to me they're huge. If I hadn't made the decision to get back out there I would still be where I was a year ago, huddled in my home, fearing every car door sound I hear outside. Today I sat on my couch, my best friend at my side, eating pizza I ordered while discussing how elated I was to start my next class, and I felt true contentment. There is a world out there just for you. Even with your perceived shortcomings you are awesome, and beautiful, because you are you. That's pretty damned neat, i think. Have hope that tomorrow will be a better day, forgive yourself for all of your bad days... we all have them. I still have them in varying frequency. You've got this.
    v

Very nice reply Sae, the best one yet.

How short are we talking, Sae?

4'10 and shrinking.. dead serious. I am the living example of a ginger oompa loompa.. and it is AWESOME!!!