Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Brain fog, sort term memory loss and panic/anxiety attacks. My fix

I my name is john, I know this won’t help all of you. But it hit me 6 years ago, I really thought I had a stroke. It happen so fast. One minute I was fine, the next thing I knew a panic attack, everything got really hard to think about, and I started to forget the simplest of things. I was about to take my life, it had gotten so bad. My family members looked at me as if I was nuts. My Doctors kept giving me vitamins. I was taking small child aspirin because all the panic attacks were starting to hurt my heart. And dealing with ever increasing chest pain. I was lost. Truly Lost. I say a show on cable, about gluten. I was like wow that hits most of my symptoms.... I tried it. For the most part for the first month I blamed people and companies lying about the non-gluten in their products. I even threaten to sue a sandwich shop. Then it hit me, I ate a Reese’s peanut butter cup, I had three small ones and got sick. Saw no gluten. But I did see soy lecithin There is not allot out there about it. All I could find was an allergy info, and they had taken all of the proteins out and it was highly unlikely you could get sick to it.. I have fought many manufactures to tell me if the ingredient soy lecithin is in their product, only when I tell them I had a reaction to it do they then say oh it might be in there, we don’t test the final product. Just to cover their ass so they can’t get sued.

Soy lecithin is my cause of Brain fog, sort term memory loss and panic/anxiety attacks.

Soy is in everything. Unless you make food from scratch yourself. Or have you medication compounded. Almost all pain pills and medical product have processed soy in it. All breads have soy, makeup, I can only eat a max of one egg a day, and the chickens are fed soy. I can’t eat chicken from the store. I'm looking to buy my own or find a farmer that does not feed there chickens soy.
    Oh and vitamins contain allot of processed soy. The child aspirin from Bayer put me in the hospital with massive panic attacks. Eating the chewable had loads of soy, I was just giving myself high doses of Soy lecithin without even knowing it. I have no idea why, but everything medical has no mention of Soy lecithin in their products. You have to call them to get the info, example Advil. I called. They said every product they sell has Soy lecithin in it. Why is it not on the bottle? (This contains Soy lecithin)

I’m not allergic to Soy lecithin. It truly makes me sick like a something poison would. It gives me Brain fog, sort term memory loss and panic/anxiety attacks. I was having 5 panic attacks in a day towards the end until I found the issue. ( 5 years of hell ) up until a few months ago, I had pulled all soy out of my foods and medicine, I was still having soy issues. the Only thing I could think of was a tooth I had, it had a root canal done 6 years back. So I had the tooth removed. The packing contained soy. The tooth was giving me a soy sickness. Soon as that was gone, all my issues went away. Any food I eat that contains soy, hits me 30 minutes after eating or anything and takes up to 24-36 hours to pass or shorter if I take a laxative. Medical like Neoporin or a band aid hits my blood stream on a cut or scrape. I get an instant reaction to the processed soy. Drinking lots of fluid pulls it out in a few hours.

I have been 1 year free of soy. I finally fell Normal. I haven't had a panic attack in a year.
    Last edited by John Burlingame; 06-17-2015 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Burlingame View Post
    I my name is john, I know this won’t help all of you. But it hit me 6 years ago, I really thought I had a stroke. It happen so fast. One minute I was fine, the next thing I knew a panic attack, everything got really hard to think about, and I started to forget the simplest of things. I was about to take my life, it had gotten so bad. My family members looked at me as if I was nuts. My Doctors kept giving me vitamins. I was taking small child aspirin because all the panic attacks were starting to hurt my heart. And dealing with ever increasing chest pain. I was lost. Truly Lost. I say a show on cable, about gluten. I was like wow that hits most of my symptoms.... I tried it. For the most part for the first month I blamed people and companies lying about the non-gluten in their products. I even threaten to sue a sandwich shop. Then it hit me, I ate a Reese’s peanut butter cup, I had three small ones and got sick. Saw no gluten. But I did see soy lecithin There is not allot out there about it. All I could find was an allergy info, and they had taken all of the proteins out and it was highly unlikely you could get sick to it.. I have fought many manufactures to tell me if the ingredient soy lecithin is in their product, only when I tell them I had a reaction to it do they then say oh it might be in there, we don’t test the final product. Just to cover their ass so they can’t get sued.

Soy lecithin is my cause of Brain fog, sort term memory loss and panic/anxiety attacks.

Soy is in everything. Unless you make food from scratch yourself. Or have you medication compounded. Almost all pain pills and medical product have processed soy in it. All breads have soy, makeup, I can only eat a max of one egg a day, and the chickens are fed soy. I can’t eat chicken from the store. I'm looking to buy my own or find a farmer that does not feed there chickens soy.
    Oh and vitamins contain allot of processed soy. The child aspirin from Bayer put me in the hospital with massive panic attacks. Eating the chewable had loads of soy, I was just giving myself high doses of Soy lecithin without even knowing it. I have no idea why, but everything medical has no mention of Soy lecithin in their products. You have to call them to get the info, example Advil. I called. They said every product they sell has Soy lecithin in it. Why is it not on the bottle? (This contains Soy lecithin)

I’m not allergic to Soy lecithin. It truly makes me sick like a something poison would. It gives me Brain fog, sort term memory loss and panic/anxiety attacks. I was having 5 panic attacks in a day towards the end until I found the issue. ( 5 years of hell ) up until a few months ago, I had pulled all soy out of my foods and medicine, I was still having soy issues. the Only thing I could think of was a tooth I had, it had a root canal done 6 years back. So I had the tooth removed. The packing contained soy. The tooth was giving me a soy sickness. Soon as that was gone, all my issues went away. Any food I eat that contains soy, hits me 30 minutes after eating or anything and takes up to 24-36 hours to pass or shorter if I take a laxative. Medical like Neoporin or a band aid hits my blood stream on a cut or scrape. I get an instant reaction to the processed soy. Drinking lots of fluid pulls it out in a few hours.

I have been 1 year free of soy. I finally fell Normal. I haven't had a panic attack in a year.
    Hey John! Nice to meet you, welcome to the forum. my name is Lindsey.

I am a strong believer that there is a lot of crap in our food we don't know about. I also believe some of it can cause all different type of issues mentally and physically.

I myself personally have never taken the steps to look closely enough into my diet and figure this stuff out, though.

I think if discontinuing soy in your diet has helped you panic attacks, that is awesome news.
    "I've got 99 problems and 93 of them are completely made up scenarios in my head that I'm stressed about for absolutely no logical reason."