Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Hi Everyone :)

Red face Hi Everyone :)

Hey, my name is Danielle. I'm 23 years old. I've always been a anxious person, but the past few years it seems to be getting worse and stopping me doing things that I love. I had my first panic attack May last year and because it was my first panic attack, it was the scariest thing ever!!! I actually thought I was going crazy. I've not had once since...until last week. I was at work and it came out of nowhere...my chest started to tighten, I thought I couldn't breath and well a cloud of panic came over me...I actually ran out of the building in panic. 20 minutes of hell later, I felt better and I was able to continue working. I thought everything was okay...until the next day. I woke up feeling like I was in a bubble, like I was deattached from the world. I can't describe it. For about a week straight I was having heart palps, breathlessness and horrible thoughts of doom. Is it normal to feel like this after a panic attack?

Talking to my family and friends about my panic attacks/anxiety is difficult because they don't understand. I feel very alone and hoping I can find someone to talk about my experiences...new friends would be lovely!

Welcome Danielle!
    My name is Lindsey! I am the same age as you.

What you are feeling now is more just the anxiety after the panic attack. It is normal, unfortunately.

What you will find here is that you are NOT alone. A lot of my family and friends do not understand either- but on here everyone gets it. You have some support and a safe place to talk
    "I've got 99 problems and 93 of them are completely made up scenarios in my head that I'm stressed about for absolutely no logical reason."

Hello Lindsey! Thank you for replying...I already feel better knowing there is someone who understands me

The heart palps are not really there anymore, I'm just feeling low because I'm scared it will happen again, it's a nasty cycle! I have a few days off work so trying to keep my mind off it by keeping myself distracted and getting out this house as much as I can.

That's good to have a little break from work and keep yourself busy!

The worst thing I can do for my anxiety is sit and let my mind wander... being bored is the worst thing for my thoughts.

Trust me, I completely get anxiety! There is a great group of people here. You picked the right place.
    "I've got 99 problems and 93 of them are completely made up scenarios in my head that I'm stressed about for absolutely no logical reason."

Hi Danni and welcome
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer