Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Do you guys play video games?

I find that I enjoy certain genres when I'm really upset. I can't play shooters all the time because they trigger really scary intrusive thoughts from time to time, but they help me unwind when I feel I have more control over my thought process.

I love playing visual novels or really silly games when I'm depressed though. Things like Harvest Moon are really awesome, because I just zone out and take care of cows and chickens all day. Pokemon is alright for when I feel this way too, because it's a little over the top and silly.

I avoided those FPSs when my intrusive thoughts were in full swing, too. Don't blame you there.

I play mostly sports games now. Sadly I gotta pay my own bills (thanks adulthood), so don't get the chance to just sit down for an all-dayer. Sucks.

I find that Spec Ops: The Line is actually okay for me, because I'm really not supposed to enjoy that experience at all. It's like one of those weird Metal Gear Solid type "WAR IS BAD BECAUSE PEOPLE DIE," sorts of games, except you're the one committing all of these horrible crimes against humanity and feeling conflicted. So if I get an intrusive thought and I have to turn it off for a good few hours, then good. War is horrible. That's the entire point of that game. Awesome, I got triggered!!! That means I'm not a terrible person. lol

I play those games on Facebook like Candy Crush Saga. Do they count as video games? I really zone out with them sometimes.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

PC games only for me. At the moment it's been Dying Light, GTA V, Red Orchestra 2, Phantasy Star Online 2, Dayz, Total War Attila, Project Cars and Killing Floor 2.

Ed
    How strong, how costly, the urge to fight our fate and turn back time. But life is meant to be consumed, not preserved to ward off doom. One can surely die from fear, before the end is ever near.

I'm thinking of getting into Zelda LOL.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Zelda is good fun. You can download an emulator for the N64 and Snes. Ocarina of Time and Link To The Past are the best games to go for imo.

N64 Emulator - http://www.pj64-emu.com/downloads/func-startdown/123/
    Zelda Game - http://romhustler.net/file/15040/RFl...JGa1gyeHBibXM9

Snes Emulator - http://www.emulator-zone.com/downloa.../zsnesw151.zip
    Game - http://download.freeroms.com/snes_ro...to_the_past.7z

Ed
    How strong, how costly, the urge to fight our fate and turn back time. But life is meant to be consumed, not preserved to ward off doom. One can surely die from fear, before the end is ever near.

I am an Xbox man meself always have been I am trying to get my head together so I can go back to play the witcher it's just amazing

I haven't played video games in over ten years.

However, I refuse to sell them or give them away because as soon as I do that I'll want to play video games again.

I have an Intellivision system (which was created before the Atari, believe it or not), an Atari 2600, a Super Nintendo, and a Nintendo 64 system.

I like a good game more a fan of multiplayer games over single player last things i played was gta v and payday 2.