Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Panic 468x60
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Depends on strain and person really. Some report very negative results as their first time experience and form a lasting opinion on something they had no understanding of the "why" it happened. It the same as drinking Jack Daniels for your first alcoholic drink and having a terrible time and hang over, then forming the opinion that all alcohol is bad and evil (in some cases). The truth that the person stopped pursuing is that, in moderation, beer was delicious and pleasurable; but they'll never know that and keep telling everyone they know that it was terrible and should be banned, not touched, prayed against, etc..etc. EDIT: as evidenced by the posts below, they didn't even read this.. LOL

Sativa, yup.. that MAY drive you nuts with paranoid thoughts if you smoke it. Indica, is it's opposite sister strain which gives you the feeling of chill and relaxation. BOTH smoked in large (and I do mean large!) quantities can cause paranoia. Taking 1 puff or 2 of an Indica strain can relieve anxiety.

Here's one real issue: Other than getting cannabis in states that it is legalized (unless you know what you're looking at), you do not know which strain you are buying or smoking! You cannot possibly know what you are talking about when you report back to the general public about 'Satan's Cabbage.' Absolutely, uninformed and clueless.

Screaming, "Stay on your meds, cannabis is bad!" is really quite moronic. Yes, stay on your meds, if they work for you cannabis is NOT an ALTERNATIVE! However, did you guys actually read your meds? Do you know what they CAN do to you? So it's a little hypocritical to support one and down the other with no real information.

Now, it's traditionally taboo to speak of cannabis, but not meds used to stop anxiety...and to stop seizures.... (seems a little broad of a range to cover for 1 med) FACT: The anxiety use for Klonopin was an afterthought. I've read a lot of labels for medications suggested by my doctor and for the most part, they go something like this below.

Klonopin (for example
    SIDE EFFECTS:
    confusion, hallucinations, unusual thoughts or behavior;
    weak or shallow breathing;
    unusual risk-taking behavior, no fear of danger;
    unusual or involuntary eye movements;
    pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
    painful or difficult urination, urinating less than usual;
    pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding; or
    new or worsening seizures.
    drowsiness, dizziness, problems with thinking or memory;
    tired feeling, muscle weakness, loss of balance or coordination;
    slurred speech, drooling or dry mouth, sore gums;
    runny or stuffy nose;
    loss of appetite, nausea, diarrhea, constipation;
    blurred vision;
    headache;
    sleep problems (insomnia);
    skin rash; or
    weight changes.

REBOUND: Depending on how long you have taken Klonopin you could hallucinate and have seizures, even if you've never had them before. Paranoia is definitely present in my experience with Klonopin when trying to ween off of it. Others have reported worse when taken for years at a time.

Cannabis:
    FEELING: paranoia that is short lasting with wrong strain or copious amounts ingested or inhaled.
    Side effects: NONE.
    Deaths: NONE.
    Interactions with other drugs: NONE.
    (This is a VERY common misconception that cannabis "lands you in the hospital..", etc... NO, that's why there are no deaths associated with cannabis intake!! Let me go SPOCK on you all, "Logic clearly dictates that if no deaths were ever reported in association with cannabis, how can there be a drug interaction that is dangerous?" Do you know how many YEARS people have had access to cannabis? Answer: decades and yet not one associated death or drug interaction death. )
    REBOUND: NONE.
    ADDICTION: NONE. (Some people can form an addiction to anything psychologically, I know that argument so save it. )

If you don't understand by now, I cannot help you understand, no one can. I do however wish everyone the best! Yes, cannabis is illegal in most states, I am not promoting you break the law in any way or for you to start using cannabis, I am promoting INFORMATION to stop the ill thought out and highly inaccurate perceptions about our medicine options and what both sides of the story are like.
    Last edited by James Boelter; 10-09-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Cannabis makes me worse. I don't use it or any meds.

Cannabis has made me freak out even more. I'm trying Valerian with Passion Flower

One finger or two?
    Good quality weed is the key..
    It's what your right hands for..

Quote Originally Posted by Davit View Post
    Cannabis makes me worse. I don't use it or any meds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kierstennotsojoy View Post
    Cannabis has made me freak out even more. I'm trying Valerian with Passion Flower
    Not a word of my post was read. LOL Davit: I am glad to hear you're doing well again and that you have no medicinal dependencies. You sound cured of your anxiety / panic disorder(s)! This post (as is the OP) more or less refers to people still uneducated or that have misconceptions about cannabis and it's effects WITH anxiety problems / disorders. Good news is always nice to hear though, congrats!
    Last edited by James Boelter; 10-09-2015 at 01:30 PM.

I am all for it but like i said and you said it's about the strain. It's up for vote in my state this Nov. and i will be voting yes on that issue so that i can pursue the strain that made me relax and lowered my anxiety. I lost my seed in a burglary believe it or not. ( no they were not going after the seed but i had them in my safe and they took that ). If it passes i will be looking.
    " it is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt ", Mark Twain.

I have tried it for anxiety but when I smoke pot it does nothing for me. I live in WA st so it is legal and I tried many different strains. I used the edibles for a while it did calm me but it also dehydrated me and after awhile I got very very depressed like suicidal. I went to the Dr and she said stop eating cannabis slowly. I did the anxiety came back and the depression went away however I feel much better now. It does seem to effect people so differently.

Smoking marijuana was one of the main things that caused my panic attacks to begin and it has given me PTSD to the point where if I am walking down the street and I smell it, I break out in a panic attack.
    It works for some, but it ruined my life.

Quote Originally Posted by meow. View Post
    Smoking marijuana was one of the main things that caused my panic attacks to begin and it has given me PTSD to the point where if I am walking down the street and I smell it, I break out in a panic attack.
    It works for some, but it ruined my life.
    Your underlying mental condition caused your panic. It gave you Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? I don't think so, sorry.

I'm just saying that this is NOT the ROOT of why you have panic attacks and PTSD is due to something larger than trying cannabis. I'm not sure if this is a troll or not at this point. Nothing you said makes any sense and has literally no connection to an existing mental condition (which, we all have, that's why we are here).

Just FYI:
    What is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?
    Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is an anxiety disorder that can develop after experiencing or witnessing a traumatic event, or learning that a traumatic event has happened to a loved one. DSM5 defines a traumatic event as exposure to actual or threatened death, serious injury, or sexual violence. Examples include:

Being involved in, or witnessing, a car accident
    Undergoing major surgery (bone marrow transplant, extensive hospitalization, or severe burns)
    Experiencing or witnessing natural disasters (earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, or fire)
    Violent crimes (kidnapping, physical assault, or assault or murder of a parent or loved one)
    Community violence (attacks at school, or suicide of a friend, family member, or a child in the same-age group)
    Chronic physical or sexual abuse

It sounds like it's a TRIGGER for you, not the cause. If you believe that it IS the cause, you have more searching to do. Panic disorder is IN you, not a substance. I wish you well and hope you research the cause with a trained therapist (such as the one I see.. no insult intended).
    Last edited by James Boelter; 10-19-2015 at 12:32 PM.

I wouldn't recommend this if you have anxiety. All my anxiety issues started after a bad trip when I was high on weed and that was before I even knew about anxiety and panic attacks and such. It started with a psychosis, which devolped in an anxiety disorder.