Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Severe Bug Phobia.

Hi, for the past couple of weeks I've had on and off pain in my ears.. like a shooting pain.. I constantly panic about insects, like to the point where I'm never not wearing a hat for the fear they will go in my ears. I feel like one may have though as I get tickling sensations and I was just wondering if anyone knows exactly how it feels to have a bug in their ear? Like is it loud, can you hear it?

Don't tell me to go the doctor please, I have a big hypochondriac history so they don't listen to me or take me seriously.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gemmatrainor View Post
    Hi, for the past couple of weeks I've had on and off pain in my ears.. like a shooting pain.. I constantly panic about insects, like to the point where I'm never not wearing a hat for the fear they will go in my ears. I feel like one may have though as I get tickling sensations and I was just wondering if anyone knows exactly how it feels to have a bug in their ear? Like is it loud, can you hear it?

Don't tell me to go the doctor please, I have a big hypochondriac history so they don't listen to me or take me seriously.

Thanks
    Depends what kind of bug. I had a fly fly in my ear and it made a buzzing noise and then it flew away. No harm done. I guess some other bugs don't make noises, though.

Much more important than a bug in your ear is what you refer to as your "big hypochondriac history." A bug in your ear won't harm you, but a big hypochondriac history could reduce the quality of your life. So what is your plan for addressing that problem?