Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Nervous breakdown at work

Hi I'm Lisa and just logged in for the first time tonight.

So....I had a nervous breakdown at work. Included a lot of crying, I even said 'I don't know what's happening' and threw my hands in the air. My supervisor took me to her desk and stated 'I'm not firing you' among other things I found offensive. This all happened 3/17. I didn't sleep at all from 3/10 to 3/17. Was stressing quite a bit during that period of time. I've been out of work since then but still have the job. I was in a behavioral health unit for a week because I wasn't sleeping and was started on Trazodone. I've been on it since then...my dosage was increased beginning in May because I still was not sleeping. It's not helping. I'll discuss that with my doctor who increased the dosage at my appointment but it's not until 6/3 and I can't just stop taking it. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist on 6/1, my first appointment with him. Psychiatrists haven't helped me much in the past. I don't like being on psychotropic meds.
    I filed for FMLA but the request is still being reviewed. I'm really stressing about returning to work and how I'll be treated by co-workers and management, on top of being able to do my job because there's a lot of different stuff I'm responsible for knowing how to complete and this is the only thing I've been thinking about since I left.
    Any suggestions welcome....

Quote Originally Posted by Lip View Post
    Hi I'm Lisa and just logged in for the first time tonight.

So....I had a nervous breakdown at work. Included a lot of crying, I even said 'I don't know what's happening' and threw my hands in the air. My supervisor took me to her desk and stated 'I'm not firing you' among other things I found offensive. This all happened 3/17. I didn't sleep at all from 3/10 to 3/17. Was stressing quite a bit during that period of time. I've been out of work since then but still have the job. I was in a behavioral health unit for a week because I wasn't sleeping and was started on Trazodone. I've been on it since then...my dosage was increased beginning in May because I still was not sleeping. It's not helping. I'll discuss that with my doctor who increased the dosage at my appointment but it's not until 6/3 and I can't just stop taking it. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist on 6/1, my first appointment with him. Psychiatrists haven't helped me much in the past. I don't like being on psychotropic meds.
    I filed for FMLA but the request is still being reviewed. I'm really stressing about returning to work and how I'll be treated by co-workers and management, on top of being able to do my job because there's a lot of different stuff I'm responsible for knowing how to complete and this is the only thing I've been thinking about since I left.
    Any suggestions welcome....
    Well welcome to the Nervous Breakdown club, Lisa

We are always looking for new members!

That sucks what you are good goth through. Lots of us here have been there but it is Just a temporary stop in your life

The great news is, although you probably don't believe it, it gets way better.

This place will get you back on your game.

Welcome!
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe