Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Bad Habits

Bad Habits

I have tons of bad habits to relase nervous energy (Skin picking, knee bouncing, lip biting etc.)
    Does anyone have any tips on how to stop? I'd like the skin around my nails and in my mouth to be normal again!

I wish I had a real answer for you. I have the habit of picking at my hair, pulling strands out, when I am stressed. I am already losing a bit of hair from one of my butt tons of meds. Not bald yet, but 8 am going to look like a toupee - less Donald Trump before it is all over with
    Sometimes I can lessen the habit by having my kid or bf swat at me when I start picking. Setting regular alarms on my phone reminding me to leave my hair alone seemed to work for a while until I started ignoring them. I think that failure might me due to the fact I set alarms for EVERYTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocialtheatrefreak View Post
    I have tons of bad habits to relase nervous energy (Skin picking, knee bouncing, lip biting etc.)
    Does anyone have any tips on how to stop? I'd like the skin around my nails and in my mouth to be normal again!
    The way you feel about yourself in public, among people, and that you are not accepted socially (your feelings and your physical appearance), feeling bad about yourself and nervous about criticism and if you fit in (you believe you don't), leads to these 'habits'.
    "Each person alive helps paint the living picture of civilization as it exists at any given time. Be your own best artist. Your thoughts, feelings, and expectations are like the living brush strokes with which you paint your corner of lifes landscape. If you do your best in your own life, then you are helping to improve the quality of all life. Your thoughts mix and merge with others, to form man's living-scape, providing the vast mental elements from which physical events will be formed"

This is actually really eye-opening because, becuase I realize now I only do these things in public. It's not a problem when I get home. I'll work on confidence more I suppose