Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Lightheaded Jolt HELP PLEASE!1

I've been having these jolts, only about 1-3 times a day at most, of light headedness. It lasts for about 1 second. It's hard to explain it's almost like my brain shivers for a second, or i'm having a brain palpitation. I have a history of anxiety and know this is anxiety related. I have NEVER been on any medication. Has anyone else ever had this?

Yep, brain zaps. What meds are you on?

5 seconds is a long time. Usually it's like 1 second. Happened to me when I was on Xanax which is rubbish. Getting off the stuff gave me brain zaps as well. You'd look at a telephone pole and zzzzzzzztttt...... thing would shimmer for a second. LOL.

Has anybody that doesn't take medication had these symptoms?

Sorry I have ADD and can't read whole sentences. LOL.

I didn't read the part about no medicine.

How tired are you?

What do you eat?

Exercise?

Sleep?

Well, I'm only 16 so maybe the brain zaps have something to do with my growing
    For the last week i've been really fatigued all day long due to suffering from panic attacks. I had heart palpitations, lightheadedness, insomnia, intense feeling of fear. But for the past 4-5 days i've felt 99% normal, with the exception of occasional brain zaps.

For the past 4-5 days i've been getting a minimum of 7 hrs. of sleep

I've been eating normally (my appetite has not decreased) and eating foods such as bananas and turkey to minimize anxiety. I've also been taking a daily multivitamin supplement

And i exercise a minimum of 2 hours per day.

At the moment i feel really good but i am just afraid that i'll once again get that weird feeling in my head.

Ok, relax man, first thing. Body is changing. Tell yourself that and believe that is the reason for your problem.

There is no next attack. All you have is right now. The next attack does not exist unless you create it.

If this does not help you, I'd go to a doctor and rule out the presupposed brain tumor.

However, if you feed this type of hypochondriac behavior, what's next? Stroke? Heart attack? Endless trips to the doctor.

While your young, prevent this sort of behavior from starting and turning in the "hypochondriac program"

Many of my family members have this. They are always dying, all of the time, but for some reason, they're always there next time I see them.

mastercowbell. I know exactly what you are talking about. I have never been on meds. It's hard to describe the feeling, it's just like for one instant you feel dead. For me it's kind of similar to when you get up too fast after sitting down for a long time, but you didn't just get up..you were just standing there minding your own business.

I tend to get these a lot when I have been particularly anxious and worrisome. I think it has a lot to do with our brains getting worn down from all of the panicking. Normal people panic once every blue moon, but when we are panicking frequently throughout the day, our brains get sore.

I have no medical basis for anything I just said, it just makes sense to me. The jolts are usually subside when I can distract myself from thinking about them or stressing about something else.

we will survive, my dear.

I've been reading through this forum looking for someone who's sympoms related to mine. I get the "brain zaps/shivers" but am not on any medication either. I was on Effexor for about a year 5 years ago, but have only been experiencing this for the past 3 weeks or so. It's absolutely terrifying and just makes me panic even more. I have an appointment with a neurologist November 24 (too far away...I need to know now for my sanity.) I'm a hypochondriac, and this is putting me over the edge. I'm scared to drive. I'm scared to fall asleep. I'm driving everyone around me crazy. It's so hard to explain to people who've never experienced them - they just look at you like you're making stuff up.