Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Fear of Graduation

I've always had anxiety but it has become especially interruptive the past two weeks. I feel dizzy all the time, which makes me hyperventilate, which makes me dizzier. The only way to stop it is to lay in my bed and calm down. I am graduating from college this weekend and the thought of sitting in the hot sun and then walking in front of a crowd makes me feel sick. I will have to sit still for 2 hours and I don't think I can do this. I think that I will pass out if I go through with this. Does anyone else feel this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Grace McKinsey Horn View Post
    I've always had anxiety but it has become especially interruptive the past two weeks. I feel dizzy all the time, which makes me hyperventilate, which makes me dizzier. The only way to stop it is to lay in my bed and calm down. I am graduating from college this weekend and the thought of sitting in the hot sun and then walking in front of a crowd makes me feel sick. I will have to sit still for 2 hours and I don't think I can do this. I think that I will pass out if I go through with this. Does anyone else feel this way?
    Yes I have been there a billion times, this is VERY common amongst anxiety sufferers. For the mean time, you should go to your doctor or your urgent care and receive some benzos (Xanax). That will get you through your graduation easily.

THEN, treat the problem as a whole.