Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

what is the first step to face anxiety

what is the first thing you shloud do when you feel very anxious?
    when you fell very very anxious ,you cant sleep,your heart beat strong and your head is going to explose...just hold on and say to your self this one thing:there is nothing i can do to stop this,there is anyone how can help me....
    think about the worst thing that will happend,what is it that worst thing....,?
    its veru very important to know this worst thing,its your fear,you have to know it....
    the worst thing that scares you when you are in panic attack is that you are going to be crazy,or die ....
    may be you think that you could never go out this situation...you will never be able to sleep...
    you are afraid,very afraid....but you can't tell your family or frainds....what you gonna tell them...
    you are shame...
    you visit doctors,psychiatrist...and more...but nothing of there drugs calm you...
    nothing in the world can calm you....
    there is one thing that sould calm you......its your thinking...
    fighting fears can never success....but accepting fears is a good thing....
    dont fight....never fight.....
    just accept.....
    and let it go...
    let the fears killing you....
    surrender and let it go....
    let it go....
    STOP visiting doctors...
    use CBT
    read about CBT
    and change your behavior
    change your life
    your anxiety have a big relation with your thinking....
    so change your thinking....
    this the first thing to know...
    this is the first step...

I begin by performing breathing exercises and trying to see the bigger picture, by how there's no real reason to be anxious.

The breathing exercise is done by breathing in through the mouth slowly, holding it for 10 quick seconds, and breathing out through the nose and holding for 5 seconds. What this does is it supplies oxygen to the brain and takes focus off of the battle as you're thinking about counting and your next breath, rather than the world around you.

To manage anxiety we need to know what it is, simply put, a defence mechanism that operates to ensure our safety in potentially harmful situations. We need to realise that we can't die from anxiety, that anxiety manifested over particular everyday things is illogical, and that we can overcome it.

A deeper therapy for longterm and difficult sufferers of anxiety (particularly agoraphobia) is gradually exposing the person to what it is they fear the most. For people frightened of dogs, they are first introduced to the word, then a picture, then they might see a dog on the other side of a room. Their thought process becomes "I am safe when.." as opposed to "I am frightened when..". It programs the anxiety to work based on logic and not on guessing. Gradually exposing yourself to what it is you're frightened of and surviving will heal anyone with anxiety.

The fact is, even if we know that anxiety and things we fear aren't logical, we still fear them. You cannot outsmart your brain when it's convinced of an anxiety.

If we combine good health (sleeping, eating, etc) with gradual exposure and breathing technique, anyone will be on the road to recovery. It may take months for adaptation, just be strong and don't give in.

I will share my problems with my friends. That is a good idea. Because they can help you with more ideas.

Absolutely. Friends help you to move forward in your life by sharing your joy and sorrows.