Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Cool I would love to travel!

Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Vince and I live in Toronto. My dream is to visit Europe but can't because I can't imagine being in another country far away from everything I know. I have really bad anxiety that makes it hard for me to get a hair cut let alone be on an airplane. I discovered that I have agoraphobia after doing a bit of research. I get anxiety when I am too far from home and I avoid it at all costs. Even if I am visiting the city (which I used to do and loved at one point), I get a panic attack.

I'm on here because I want to meet people I can relate to and hear their story and hopefully we can help each other out.

Best

V
    Last edited by enzz; 04-23-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Hi Vince and welcome

Gypsy from Australia x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Vince - welcome. You ever heard of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy? It is a relatively short-term and very practical type of therapy that might be helpful in your situation. It has helped many people in your situation overcome their fears. It does require someone who is really motivated to change their thinking patterns, and willing to work hard at it -- rather than someone who thinks "this is who I am and it will never change." But if you are motivated, you can be the European traveler you want to be. Check it out. (I have traveled a lot, all over the world -- it is really worthwhile)