Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

What living with anxiety is like....

I found this web comic about what living with anxiety is like. Its pretty accurate. http://heymonster.tumblr.com/post/19...-about-anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by superchick22684 View Post
    I found this web comic about what living with anxiety is like. Its pretty accurate. http://heymonster.tumblr.com/post/19...-about-anxiety
    Substitute (and accept) 'IT' and 'that voice' in the comic, with 'mom' or 'dad' or 'my caregiver' and your on your way to healing.

Not blame.

But for enlightenment, releasing, and ultimately letting go of the hurt/ emotional pain.

If you (reader) cannot accept 'mom', 'dad', 'grandma', 'grandpa', or your caretaker - (for abusive behavior), then 'school bully', 'teacher', or 'peers' will do just fine for the moment.

Everyone is a product, to a large degree, of early conditioning.
    Last edited by Im-Suffering; 04-16-2015 at 07:56 AM.
    "Each person alive helps paint the living picture of civilization as it exists at any given time. Be your own best artist. Your thoughts, feelings, and expectations are like the living brush strokes with which you paint your corner of lifes landscape. If you do your best in your own life, then you are helping to improve the quality of all life. Your thoughts mix and merge with others, to form man's living-scape, providing the vast mental elements from which physical events will be formed"

Lol. Reminds me of a girl on here who used to refer to her anxiety as something like the monster in that cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by jessed03 View Post
    Lol. Reminds me of a girl on here who used to refer to her anxiety as something like the monster in that cartoon.
    Comedy, loosely speaking, aside, if readers of this message board can juxtapose a face, or faces, behind the 'voice', they have in a real sense put '2 and 2 together' and if without guilt, can look squarely at the issue that comes up - it would be extremely beneficial. (if it is a parent, there is often guilt, shame, and blame associated with the feelings, along with some anger that masks the memories but frames the current personality - anxiety in this case).

The artist, designed the 'monster' to look like 'sludge'. The sludge is the beliefs that cover the personality turning it into something and someone it often wishes it wasn't. The face (whoever that is) may say : "I wish I hadn't done or said that, but it is who I am". Which if taken farther, is what their parents were like to them. (generational).
    Last edited by Im-Suffering; 04-16-2015 at 07:57 AM.
    "Each person alive helps paint the living picture of civilization as it exists at any given time. Be your own best artist. Your thoughts, feelings, and expectations are like the living brush strokes with which you paint your corner of lifes landscape. If you do your best in your own life, then you are helping to improve the quality of all life. Your thoughts mix and merge with others, to form man's living-scape, providing the vast mental elements from which physical events will be formed"