Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guy Who Beat Bipolar Disorder

Just came across this in my Facebook newsfeed. The story is on TV tonight...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-1...llness/6386978
    Last edited by gypsylee; 04-12-2015 at 07:17 PM.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

I wish it was possible, my ex husband has that. Gypsy it is not opening, the link. Can you share it on FB?
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

It should be working now? I had trouble posting it and had to edit it.. I'll post on FB as well

yes it does work. Thank you, I checked it on FB)
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

It is quite inspiring when you see someone succeed in beating his/her mental illness. It shows that the illness is curable.

Yeah I watched the documentary and the guy was really inspiring. His brother suffered as well and he committed suicide so this guy made a huge effort to recover and he did.

Damn I always dislike hearing about suicides . That must have made this guy's condition even worse and yet he still managed to overcome it.

Very hard to overcome because the causes are physical too
    http://missedlink.com/ - My Anxiety Blog

I wish I could beat mine

I wish it were that easy but it is a life long disease.

Beat & Cured - Sigh oh Sigh ... what's on this gravy train?

I find Titles like that somewhat demeaning and undermines people who are otherwise simply living or experiencing elements of their lives in ways that are problematic for them, or at least less than fully satisfactory. A view that allows for normality rather than a suggestive title that imply how sick others really be.

No doubt such drama gets a lot of hits.

How about:
    How to experience more positive elements to overcome a less than satisfactory existence!!!

Hmmm does not quite sound so dramatic enough ... perhaps the exclamations marks might pull in some hits?

I would actually click that link feeling a little more hopeful and less implicated as to being ill. The other link I rarely click and if I did, it would be thinking "here we go again, I wonder what's on this gravy train - will this be the one? Sigh of Sigh"

No doubt shared in good will.

TY.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-10-2016 at 02:50 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/