Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    I do not believe it, it comes and goes but does not stay with us all the time. Anxiety is like chameleon, always changing......... Do you have a dog?

Gypsy are you sure you are not my daughter? )
    Hahaha! My mother is actually from your part of the world (Latvia).
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

So maybe we slovacks are kind of similar, my daughter complains that everything fricks me up
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Yes I have a dog. And thanks for the replies. They mean a lot. I just want reassurance that dp lingering sensations will go away. I don't feel scared anymore .. just more like odd.

Quote Originally Posted by life-is-beautiful View Post
    HELLO fellow anxiety sufferers. Just going to introduce myself. I have had anxiety in the past for 3-4 months (I think) and it waa triggered by smoking green. I don't remember how it went away or what even happened... All I know is it was much easier then this time around. The second time.. I was introduced to depersonalization. Now don't get me wrong..I bet the depersonalization would have went away shortly... but I decided to focus on it and consume my life into it. I thought I was going mad. I always say I'd rather have panic attacks and hard anxiety then feel depersonalization. Now I just feel weird about everything. I feel weird in my own skin. Really I haven't felt that deep pit in my stomach .... tripping out panic attack in I can't remember how long... 6..7 months. I just can't get past this "feel weird in my body" sensation. It's shit. Makes me think it will last forever. If anyone has ANY tips how to overcome it and get feel in comfortable again please let me know.
    I have had a taste of depersonalization on the small scale. I too felt like I was not in my own skin. It was freaky. I just felt weird and not myself the majority of the time. It seemed to have gone away when my SSRI stabilized. A benzo helped when I didnt want to endure it. I just kept hoping and waiting for the day I felt like my old self. I am much better. That SUCKED. I was a heavy cannibus user as well before that season, no more of that! My tip is like everyone elses, eat healthy, exercise, try to do relaxing things.

Best wishes to you

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    So maybe we slovacks are kind of similar, my daughter complains that everything fricks me up
    It could be a WW2 thing. As a child my mother was a refugee in Germany and then Australia (fleeing the Russians) and she says she never really got over it.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Yes I know it's going to be ok. It's just been a while.