Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

depersonalization sufferer... last symptom and first.

HELLO fellow anxiety sufferers. Just going to introduce myself. I have had anxiety in the past for 3-4 months (I think) and it waa triggered by smoking green. I don't remember how it went away or what even happened... All I know is it was much easier then this time around. The second time.. I was introduced to depersonalization. Now don't get me wrong..I bet the depersonalization would have went away shortly... but I decided to focus on it and consume my life into it. I thought I was going mad. I always say I'd rather have panic attacks and hard anxiety then feel depersonalization. Now I just feel weird about everything. I feel weird in my own skin. Really I haven't felt that deep pit in my stomach .... tripping out panic attack in I can't remember how long... 6..7 months. I just can't get past this "feel weird in my body" sensation. It's shit. Makes me think it will last forever. If anyone has ANY tips how to overcome it and get feel in comfortable again please let me know.

Hey there,

The thing with anxiety is it goes through all sorts of weird phases, especially at the start. It's been a long time for me since my first major episode but I remember how it changed. You do tend to think each thing will last forever and that makes you more anxious, but it won't.

Depersonalisation and feeling "weird in your skin" is a result of being too introspective basically. Anxious people scan themselves constantly for any small thing that might be wrong, even if we aren't conscious of it. So try to do things that take you away from your head. I think physical exercise is good for that, but anything that "grounds" you. Going for walks in nature for example.

Also, just knowing it's a common symptom of anxiety and you aren't going mad helps

All the best,
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

I work a lot...I feel fine no anxiety really... just feel kind of odd sometimes. I'm sure the less I focus on it The quicker it will go away. Thanks for the reply.

So how do people say they have depersonalization for we years. For 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by life-is-beautiful View Post
    Do they? I don't know.. I don't get it much at all anymore.

How do u know when u r cured

When you're no longer thinking about being cured.

Good way to put it lol. Short and simple. Ahhhh I feel SO good compared to before but I guess you can say I'm a bit freaked out if the thoughts return and start to scare me again..I guess that's anxiety itself for you!!

I'm not but I handle things a lot better. I had the depersonalisation stuff more in the early days of anxiety/depression. That was twenty years ago. I think you just get less freaked out by stuff as you get older (unless you're my mother! But that's another story.)

I do not believe it, it comes and goes but does not stay with us all the time. Anxiety is like chameleon, always changing......... Do you have a dog?

Gypsy are you sure you are not my daughter? )
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore