Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

A little stressed

I began thinking about all the things I have coming up this week and I freaked out a bit. I probably won't get anytime off between school and One Act Play contest this weekend and all the preparing that's going into it and a band concert tomorrow. Usually this stuff doesn't freak me out, but now that I know that when I get busy like this anxiety attacks happen, I'm a little more weary. What sucks about anxiety attacks is the anxiety over wondering when you'll ever have one again, it happens. I just don't want to lose control again. I want to say that things are getting better when my mom or my friends ask, but the truth hurts when I have to say no. It feels like it's not improving at all. It's only been 3-4 weeks since I started medication, and I know it's not going to kick in for another 2-4 weeks. Waiting is always the hardest part.

Does anyone else have frequent dreams? Ever since I started my medication (Prozac), I've had a dream every night. I know a side effect can be being more tired, though I don't feel as tired as I used to, I do go to sleep earlier. But these dreams are so constant, it's happened before but not for this long.

Have a good day, I hope whoever reads this feels a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by alyssum View Post
    I began thinking about all the things I have coming up this week and I freaked out a bit. I probably won't get anytime off between school and One Act Play contest this weekend and all the preparing that's going into it and a band concert tomorrow. Usually this stuff doesn't freak me out, but now that I know that when I get busy like this anxiety attacks happen, I'm a little more weary. What sucks about anxiety attacks is the anxiety over wondering when you'll ever have one again, it happens. I just don't want to lose control again. I want to say that things are getting better when my mom or my friends ask, but the truth hurts when I have to say no. It feels like it's not improving at all. It's only been 3-4 weeks since I started medication, and I know it's not going to kick in for another 2-4 weeks. Waiting is always the hardest part.

Does anyone else have frequent dreams? Ever since I started my medication (Prozac), I've had a dream every night. I know a side effect can be being more tired, though I don't feel as tired as I used to, I do go to sleep earlier. But these dreams are so constant, it's happened before but not for this long.

Have a good day, I hope whoever reads this feels a little better.
    Hi alyssum,

Waiting for that medication to kick in sure does suck. Have you been on it before? Sometimes it takes a good couple of months for me (I've been on and off this stuff for over twenty years). Prozac was the first SSRI I was on and it worked really well but it made me a whole lot worse first. Hang in there with it.

I've noticed that the meds tend to kick in along with something else happening in my life. Like the first time, with the Prozac, I had this casual job for 3 weeks and it happened during that. Another time it was exercising and losing weight. I don't know if it's just a coincidence or what, but maybe try starting some new thing while you're waiting.

Dreams.. I don't know because I haven't been off meds in a while. I started a thread recently on dreams though because they're an endless source of fascination for me.

Anyway, all the best to you,
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer