Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Scared to start on medications i need ideas.

I have been dealing with my anxiety since i was 16 and possibly even earlier, i have been prescribed so much stuff and never take a single pill
    Im scared of side effects and feeling out of control, letting the anxiety go away is like letting my guard down.
    My husband calls me a pill hoarder because even though i dont take the pills i have at least 50% of all the scripts i have been prescribed but never took in a box in my closet.
    I would like to try medication agian because things just keep getting worse and im 32 i feel like its time to be responsible and try medication.
    What medications for anxiety do not cause fatigue? as much as i love to sleep i homeschool 3 children and am a full time stay at home mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamie22922 View Post
    I have been dealing with my anxiety since i was 16 and possibly even earlier, i have been prescribed so much stuff and never take a single pill
    Im scared of side effects and feeling out of control, letting the anxiety go away is like letting my guard down.
    My husband calls me a pill hoarder because even though i dont take the pills i have at least 50% of all the scripts i have been prescribed but never took in a box in my closet.
    I would like to try medication agian because things just keep getting worse and im 32 i feel like its time to be responsible and try medication.
    What medications for anxiety do not cause fatigue? as much as i love to sleep i homeschool 3 children and am a full time stay at home mom.
    Hi Zamie

The SSRIs don't generally cause fatigue, in fact they can make you a bit hyperactive at first. Prozac is the most "zippy" one I've been on and Lexapro the least.

They also tend to make people feel worse (more anxious) at first, so they are definitely not a quick fix. However they are very effective for a lot of people once they stabilise.

You can always start on a very low dose and build up.

All the best,
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

I agree with the Prozac suggestion. That's like an upper. Had me walking about 5 miles each day and cleaning like a mad man.

I sous do prozac