Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Need Zoloft/Sertraline Success Stories

Hi everyone, I'm new to the board, but not at all new to anxiety. I have been suffering to some degree since childhood, and now at 21 it has just become unbearable. I have been given a prescription for Zoloft/sertraline starting at 25mg to try in conjunction with my therapy, and I really want to take it but I'm terrified. I made the mistake of reading online reviews, and just scared myself out of taking the medication. One of my biggest anxieties is my fear of vomiting, so the possibility of nausea as a side effect is what's holding me back the most, as it seems pretty common.

So what I'm asking is, can people who have used this medication with success please speak up and give me some reassurance? I need to hear some really great success stories to boost my confidence in the medication. I know that the side effects come at the beginning and fade eventually, but if you experienced nausea please just gloss over that part and tell me about how it all got better and turned out fine.

This would be so appreciated, I really want to try the medication.

I started taking it a week ago. My side effects have been mild but I have experienced them. I take mine before I go to bed to avoid the nausea. I've already stated seeing positive changes since taking it. I was exactly like you and resisted medication for months and then finally decided that it was worth the risk. Glad I did.

Hi there

Well I had a lot of success on Zoloft and don't remember any nausea.

There are anti-nausea medications out there by the way - in Australia it's called Maxalon. They work quite well (I took it when I had gastro a while back).

Cheers,
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

I remember a shaky first week on SSRIs, mainly due to a mild increase in anxiety. After that though, it was like popping candy. I never even realised I was taking it. It virtually removed my constant, unrelenting brain fog and allowed me to get healthier and improve my life.

A positive experience.

Day 2

I'm on my second day of Sertraline, and it's been unpleasant but not as bad as I thought it would be. I have some nausea, and a total lack of appetite, but this is pretty regular for me. I've had horrible trouble sleeping, kind of a cycle of passing out into a dead sleep then being stuck awake for two hours at a time. I've also noticed that I've been acting well.. like a b****. It's almost like PMS, I'm snapping at people who are just trying to help, and I don't know why. Is this common for sertraline?
    Finally, I'm just hoping that these side effects will go away eventually. I feel bloated and constipated, not being able to eat anything, etc. Will this subside soon?