Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Question What medication worked for you agoraphobia?

Simple question, what medication has worked for your agoraphobia?

So far, nothing...
    "I have no limits, no filter, no class, no poise. No decorum. Just fun"

Quote Originally Posted by Surfside View Post
    So far, nothing...
    I second that Wanted to know if anyone ever found something that made it go down just a little lol. I am not looking for a miracle cure, because only your own mind is the miracle cure. Atm they are testing all types of meds on me and I find it getting worse lol

I'm on 20mg citalopram and it's done a lot I feel. I went down to 10mg and didn't cope well. I realised it was helping when I went to 10mg and just didn't feel good. It's not a magical cure but it works for me. Just a regular antidepressant which was prescribed for anxiety.

Klonopin 3 x day and Baclofen 3 x day but still have anxiety when leaving the house and can't fly alone. Only helps me talk to people without self consciousness.

Citalopram helped me a few years ago until I seemed to become tolerant to it :/

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren123 View Post
    Citalopram helped me a few years ago until I seemed to become tolerant to it :/
    I've been on Citalopram for approximately 6 months, now they put me back on Sertraline. I must admit, Citalopram did wonders for my anxiety, but I got such bad mood swings. My moods have been very stable on Sertraline though. So I'm sticking with Sertraline from now on...

Quote Originally Posted by katzy View Post
    Klonopin 3 x day and Baclofen 3 x day but still have anxiety when leaving the house and can't fly alone. Only helps me talk to people without self consciousness.
    Do you think your confidence is affecting you as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxi View Post
    Simple question, what medication has worked for your agoraphobia?
    Hai guise. I'm new here. Yay! But before I start interrogating and begging for help, thought it might be helpful to share what I know.

Regarding what's worked for agoraphobia, for me I was on a combination of Prozac and klonopin for a while. It was a miracle combination for me and it felt like I was getting my life back. It worked so well in fact that last year to test the 'limits' of how well it was working, I went sky-diving even though I'm deathly afraid of heights. The only issue I had was that it made me lethargic and made it hard to focus at work. Plus, I tend to make bad decisions when I'm loaded up on Klonopin. So I got off of it so that I could focus on work with the intention of getting back on when things settled down at work so I could try my hand at this whole traveling thing that I've heard so much about. Unfortunately, I tried to get back on a couple weeks ago and the Prozac has been giving me hell (intrusive thoughts, increased panic, etc.) so your mileage can and will vary. Like everyone else here, I wish there were a miracle cure, but it's really just trial and error to find the one that works for you.