Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What you offer is more like discipleship. You may claim not to be part of some bandwagon and whilst that mat be true, withholding the GOD content kind of made your source look rather Cliche - Old and worn out. Religion causes more anxiety than it boasts to appease.

Already you assume much of people you do not know. Quick with the quotes and ready to debate. You seem to come across more consumed than you care to admit. You have no idea of another's background and the extent to their knowledge on such things. Telling - that is what you folks are good at ... Telling others to read the Bible and get their facts straight. Telling others - Leading others to that ONLY WAY -

This God of which you speak - He is an US & THEM guy, is he not? Your either with us, or against us? Plain to see it written in that text book of which you speak. The answer is always sort in something external - something no within us?

Tell you what.

Hows about you teach me -

Quote the Bible and show me exactly how it is that this figment upstairs cares so much, whilst yet being full of so much wrath.

I am well versed in this Book - and I think most people who are not, can pretty much show you just how fallible such a controlling - authoritative and brainwashing book just be. No need to go on about some other author and or organizations - You tell me instead?

You show me, using this Book - The Bible - show me where in it that it offers something of worth - other than BS promises of eternal life and fuzzy wuzzy feelings.

I care less for someone elses interpretations ... You show me.

I'm all ears - Chapters and verses please.

If your going to preach - then preach - don't be half assed about it - such as was your initial delivery (deceptive perhaps) ... mere discipleship and nothing more. Selling!

Testimonials outpouring best left for Yahoo Christian Chat.

Quote Quote - You can tell all the religious folk easily by the amount of quoting they do. They LOVE taking the words of others and throwing them back. That's a pretty selfish act in my book. Can't even be bothered to think for themselves - take cheap shots and have to be right on every note.

It's not so much liking what you have to say or not - its just really annoying seeing people disciplining in such a manner ... so typically unwanted in secular forums. You simply come across like a Jesus Freak who has all the answers - Us and Them .... rar rar rar ... God is the Only Way ... bla bla ba ...

Yes - you are selling ... we all do ... it's just that Christians are soooo annoying when they do it.

I don't think anyone else who objects, really cares to told how much more they need to see -> as you - (great it works for you - keep it to yourself ... religion is OLD and unwanted - Imposed more than it's offered) because they have not seen the light. Again - very annoying. It's pretty much what your saying and still , I bet you still feel the need to correct and make others see.

Its why I basically parted my cheeks and let smell drift for what it is.

...... I'm not in here to be TOLD what is appropriate and what is not - I just tell it for what it is. What you offer is BS - take it or leave ... I need no further lesson as you would suggest of others who so disagree.

The resident Mystic will no doubt make contact with entities outside our realm and give it's input no doubt. Typically with is scolding of right and wrong followed with a barrage of mystical rambling interpreted forthwith from the stars themselves.

We might even end up with a Satan worshiper who could possibly give more clarity than the rest of us. That little devil may wind up with the most likes and subscribes.

How Satan Cured My Anxiety - (WOE - yep another freak!)

It all began with Bob ... Sexual intercourse went a long way to relieving ..... bla bla bla ... Click Subscribe for more!

Hi all, I have a Blog about how my anxiety was cured - CLICK HERE:

...and then the mother fairy appeared to me one night - I just knew then and there ... whilst that took place a little elf manifested right before me and told me how I must listen to the fairy and not to be scared when the snow man would later visit that very same night. The next day Ten snow flakes fell out of the summer sky ... it was not until the marsh mellow man presented himself, that I knew I just had to have a taste. I was converted immediately! Never before had my faith been bolstered like so ...

I recommend the following book - Ten Snow Flakes and a Unicorn Cures Anxiety. $5.95 Kindle Edition.

You can find out the rest of the story there. If your not well versed in the book "Fluffy Feelings ... Chapter tea pot Verses flying bliss" then it's best to give the man upstairs a call first. Once you have done a few rounds with HIM, you'll soon be well versed on such things!

Good luck servicing the community!

Quote away.

Best transmission I've had in a while ... I really needed that.

A Jesus Sticker would of done you more justice.
    Last edited by Ponder; 03-05-2015 at 11:23 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

In ten years of struggling with anxiety, you matured, and what was causing the anxiety was gone. God is too busy watching all people to put any attention on your anxiety man) I agree with Jessed; bible must be updated.
    1. yes Objective moral values exist without God in many people. Atheists, scientists, doctors, and you name it.
    2. There is not way to prove existence or non existence of God. We speculate.
    3. I do not think Bible says anything about evolution)
    Nice to meet you Jcoon
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by jconn View Post
    I'd like to recommend to you the fine work being done by the Reasonable Faith organization...it's an apologetics group that addresses common misconceptions and tackles questions like "If God exists, why is there evil in the world". I am guessing from what you wrote that this is one of the issues you have with the character of God, namely that you feel that He either doesn't exist or doesn't care based on what you see in the world around you. It's a very common objection to belief in God or the fact that He is loving, but fortunately there are GREAT answers to these questions available. Most people I know simply like objecting, but have spent very little time researching anything about it to get to the bottom of the issue. You seem like you want to know more though, so you really should check out this resource linked below. The bible actually paints a very clear picture of God and His character, and it's not what you might think it is...yes, it requires some work to understand because the texts were written in a VERY different culture and time, and because we western europeans think that any culture that isn't our own is horrific...but the answers are all there for anyone who will actually read it.

If you Google Reasonable Faith it will come up - Dr. William Lane Craig is the founder. I would link to it but I can't due to too few forum posts.

This resource tackles issues like the following:

1. Can objective moral values exist without God?
    2. What are the philosophical/logical arguments for the existence of God
    3. How does the fine-tuning of our universe support the argument for God's existence?
    4. What about evolution - does it undermine the scriptures or belief in God?

It's really good stuff and I think you'd find it fascinating, regardless of whether you agree or not. Either way, I hope you find what you're looking for!
    I appreciate your thought-out response. I hope my words didn't sound too condescending. They were more like echoes of my own thoughts rather than attacks on you or your beliefs.

I will try and give that book a read. I can't say I've heard of it before.

I won't derail your thread any further. Take care.

P.s. Great to see you again, Dahila.

Dahila!!!!!!
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Ponder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila and Ponder View Post
    Jesse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aww, thanks guys.

God backwards is DOG. Get one and take care of him/her. You'll be rewarded