Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Cool Always Feel Nervous When Going Outside the House.

In leaving to work I feel nervous to leave the house, like a ghost wants to keep me captive, and i somehow feel guilty for leaving it behind.

Then, in driving away from home i feel the same type of anxiety.

Then upon entering the building of where ever it may be that i have survived my travels to arrive at, makes me feel hesitant.

This happens every day, usually the earlier i awaken and get ready to leave, the more severe my anxiety.

That's the experience which i have had so far with Agoraphobia.
    Last edited by 1Bluerose68; 03-09-2015 at 09:59 PM.

I just wanted to acknowledge and thank you for sharing your posting/experience with a quick reply.

Other than me being unemployed, I could have written that word-for-word myself.

I just went out quickly because I absolutely had to, but the entire time I was out (which was about 15 minutes) all I could think about was returning home.

This is your thread so I won't share all that much about myself; rather create another thread here when the time is right.

I hope things will improve.
    Last edited by Surfside; 03-04-2015 at 11:32 AM.
    "I have no limits, no filter, no class, no poise. No decorum. Just fun"

Thank you for your reply and I understand there are many of US who probly experience these similiar feelings. But out on the road, I never can tell who feels just like me, or entering my world of work, no one admits to, "Weakness." And finally at home again and then i feel safe and relieved and even in doing chores around the house, i still am happy to be back home and feel safer than outside in the wiild, with ALL the" wilder beasts."

You're welcome.

The way I'm feeling today is NOT helping my cause 1 little bit. Today, I did that same as I did in my reply and left the house for about 25 minutes, and the entire time I was out, I could not wait to get back home. While out, I was telling myself (making excuses) for reasons to never go out again. I feel I got what I needed (took care of necessities) and should be "good to go" for weeks. Sure, I've had some strange weather in my area, and that is a (somewhat) valid excuse to not go out (even though I still can walk to where I need to go). I was thinking ahead of when the weather will start to improve, and am already fearing this Agoraphobia will not have improved/changed any when that time comes, and I will bet a "shut in" during the beautiful spring. Last year was not quite this bad, but still I allowed the summer to just fly by without me for the most part.

As I've stated, the appointment was canceled today, and I'm strongly reconsidering not even scheduling another one, and trust me, they easily forget about me (I know that all too well).

Personally, I think this Agoraphobia is a curse I would wish on my worse enemy, and it robs us that suffer from it of any chances of enjoying a real life.

I do envy those that are able to fight it (or have to work and need to suffer though it), but for those of us that don't work, I see things just getting worse and worse.

Its just not fair!!!
    Last edited by Surfside; 03-06-2015 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Multiple Edits
    "I have no limits, no filter, no class, no poise. No decorum. Just fun"