Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Woke up in a panic attack

So, I just woke up about 15 minutes ago (as of posting). I switched my medication from morning to night, so I took it roughly 5 and a half hours ago. Last night was also the time I was supposed to go back to my full dose of 50mg Zoloft.

I woke up, had this hazy, unbalanced and dizzy feeling in my head and freaked out thinking I was having a bad set of side effects.

This is just anxiety over switching my dosage back up, isn't it? Couldn't be anything actually wrong.

I'll admit it, I have a strange and erratic sleep schedule, but I do think Zoloft should be taken at the same time each day. From what I've always been told, it should be taken in the morning (even if you go back to bed after taking it).

I think its likely just that - anxiety over the dosage going from 25mg to 50mg.

You wrote "Last night was also the time I was supposed to go back to my full dose of 50mg Zoloft". Does that mean you did not up the dosage?
    "I have no limits, no filter, no class, no poise. No decorum. Just fun"

Yeah, I did up the dosage, and I slept horribly. When I got consultation from my pharmacist, he said it can be taken at any time of the day, it just depends on the person and how they react to it. I found I felt a lot better sleeping after taking it.

Every single time I switched dosage, the same thing happened. Waking up to a panic attack was the worst. I used to keep the lights on and my computer by my bedside. If I woke up and felt things were about to get ugly, I'd quickly do something distracting and get straight on with the positive self-talk.

Catching it and defusing it early. Man, oh man, is that the secret to a better life.