Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Escapes

Escapes

I find myself needing to escape life for a few hours each day, as I'm sure we all do.

What is your escape?

I like to play video games and watch anime. Get absorbed in a good RPG or well-written anime with great characters. It's actually helped me with my new medication, as when I'm escaping, I don't notice my symptoms or anxiety.

Great thread!

Believe it or not, I've never played a RPG in my life; ever. Someday I would cautiously try one, I suppose if I get faster internet lol...

I still enjoy my old games (not online) such as driving games and some of the classic video games (simulation of course)

Mostly my escape is sleeping and having vivid dreams (hopefully not nightmares - of course)
    "I have no limits, no filter, no class, no poise. No decorum. Just fun"

Just thinking of another good escape that I try to use when I'm alone (which is most of the time) - "Self Talk" <- Just be cautions when 'down' because it can turn further negative and counterproductive to healing - Our minds don't always tell us the truth. I try to use it when I'm "flat" in my mood(s) and see where it takes me (hopefully to a real place & aware of where my negativity stems from and hopefully prevent an future attack of anxiety, or a crash/tank in the mood)
    Last edited by Surfside; 03-03-2015 at 05:33 AM.
    "I have no limits, no filter, no class, no poise. No decorum. Just fun"

Word games. Not the one we play here (that's fun though) I'm talking about Scrabble type games. They use some part of my brain that just makes me oblivious to everything. I can sit there rearranging letters trying to find a word for longer than I think is normal!

I also find stupid games like Candy Crush Saga a good escape but they inevitably make me lose the plot. I'm not playing any atm for this reason but every now and then I get totally hooked and can play for hours.
    Last edited by gypsylee; 03-05-2015 at 06:49 AM.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

I took up bike riding, which is cool. It's a fun way to exercise and really passes the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauntecler View Post
    I find myself needing to escape life for a few hours each day, as I'm sure we all do.

What is your escape?

I like to play video games and watch anime. Get absorbed in a good RPG or well-written anime with great characters. It's actually helped me with my new medication, as when I'm escaping, I don't notice my symptoms or anxiety.
    The internet, I was hooked on conspiracy theories for a while! HA - got over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauntecler View Post

What is your escape?

Mine is anime, watching WWE and gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaGal View Post
    The internet, I was hooked on conspiracy theories for a while! HA - got over that.
    Any of the big ones you think might be true?

Quote Originally Posted by jessed03 View Post
    Any of the big ones you think might be true?
    I could talk for days about conspiracies, but then again, I am quite a cynical person lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxi View Post
    I could talk for days about conspiracies, but then again, I am quite a cynical person lol
    me too! The Illuminati was my fav for time