Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

First week of meds almost over

So I've been on my Zoloft, 25mg, for 5 days now, and the first week is almost over. Doctor is having me up it to 50mg after the first week. It's been driving me nutz, and given me a couple panic attacks. The side effects are scary, considering the anxiety that I'm trying to get rid of got worse because of a health scare.

My appetite goes from none to constantly hungry, randomly. I feel unbalanced, like I could lose my step whenever I move. I feel detached, sometimes like I'm not inside my own body. I guess the list can go on and on.

It's all scary to me. I've never had to take prescription medication before.

Hopefully just 3 more weeks to go until things settle. SSRIs are weird. At first they're so powerful, then taking them becomes like eating Smarties.

I've had the exact same experience. I am hoping that it goes away. After a month the doctor doubled my dose of Zoloft, and it's been a couple of weeks now. I don't know if it has helped or hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by jessed03 View Post
    Hopefully just 3 more weeks to go until things settle. SSRIs are weird. At first they're so powerful, then taking them becomes like eating Smarties.
    Lol, that made me laugh, the smarties part. I took my dose after I posted this morning, and took a nap afterwards because I didn't sleep much last night, and I felt amazing after waking up. So I'll be switching my dose to night rather than morning, seeing as it felt better.

Quote Originally Posted by jessed03 View Post
    That made me laugh - the "just 3 more weeks" part. Just 3 more weeks of massive panic attacks to go!

I've been on and off SSRIs for twenty years and the first couple of weeks suck. I need benzos to get through it. But at some point it does kick in and you feel pretty good (or at least better than before you started them).

Cheers
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer