Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Hello Everyone..

My name is Daniel and I have had anxiety since my freshman year at high school. It has been manageable until about a month ago when I got really sick for a couple of days, and now I can't stop worrying about my health and freak-outs are too common for me now.

I've been to see my doctor and I'm starting on Zoloft.

Welcome Daniel :-)

You've come to the right place for support, and thank you for sharing your honest story with us (hate to use the word "story"), but, you know what I mean.

I'm sorry to hear you got sick and are worrying about your health; I also tend to freak-out and go into full "panic mode" myself.

Seriously, good luck with the Zoloft. This is one of the meds that actually helped me the most with the least side effects. You will have to be patient though - it takes time for it to fully kick in.

Keep us updated on how things are going, and if you feel comfortable enough to tell us the dosage you are prescribed. I started at 50mg and maxed out at 200mg. I stopped it for a while when I thought I was "cured" LOL. But, realize it time to get back on something to take the edge off, and I'd be you will improve; greatly.

Best wishes.
    "I have no limits, no filter, no class, no poise. No decorum. Just fun"

Well, I started with 50mg, but had a few debilitating side effects on the second day, so the doctor cut it down to 25mg. So far, 25mg feels fine, and we're going back up to 50mg if there's no problems in a week.

Hey Daniel!

So how long has it been since you were a freshman at high school? Don't worry, you don't have to share your age. I'm just wondering how long you've been living with the beast.

10 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauntecler
    10 years now.
    Hey... Yeah... It's been 25 years for me. Off and on. Maybe even longer...
    Went into "remission" here and there, but it always seemed to rear it's ugly head after a couple months or years of seeming fine.
    I am hearing that anxiety is a "symptom" of an underlying issue that needs to be examined... So to speak.
    The truth is: Anxiety and/or panic attacks cannot hurt you. They may feel crazy, uncomfortable, insane, etc... But they can't hurt you.
    Best wishes!
    Alex