Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What sets you off?

You know, you are doing something seemingly "normal" and BAM! Anxiety and or panic happens. A noise, feeling or whatever. What triggers you?

Regretting something that I said or did. Thinking about how I could have done or said it differently. Replaying the events over and over in my mind, even though I don't want to. Worrying about the consequences.

Do certain pains or twinges set you off?

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBebe95 View Post
    You know, you are doing something seemingly "normal" and BAM! Anxiety and or panic happens. A noise, feeling or whatever. What triggers you?
    Chest pains were a big one. And words like "heart" "heart attack". Things just related to my ticker
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

Noise is a big one for me. If I'm feeling slightly anxious I can end up having an attack if there's loud noise. I live near a freeway and every now and then a truck will come down the off-ramp and make so much noise it drives me nuts.

Also crowds. If I go to the supermarket and it's too crowded I can't think properly and after a while I'll think "I just have to get out of here". If someone comes too close to me I feel like telling them to f$&@ off.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Me too! If someone talks about illness or disease it Is a major trigger.

I agree with noise and crowds. Im guilty if looking for an out or exit before I even go in.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBebe95
    Sometimes driving... In traffic. Sometimes just being alone. Small spaces... Being 'enclosed' so to speak... There are other things too... Crowds can be another one. But not all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by alex42 View Post

Sometimes driving... In traffic. Sometimes just being alone. Small spaces... Being 'enclosed' so to speak... There are other things too... Crowds can be another one. But not all the time.
    I drove to my dad's near the city yesterday and I thought of this post while I was in traffic. I'm generally pretty good driving but sometimes I get weirded out thinking I'm in this little metal box doing 100km/hr lol.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

honestly, im still trying to figure out if its the few sips of coffee I have in the morning or the sugary foods I eat at night, maybe its my salt intake which strains the nervous system, or, it can be the high pace sales job I do for 12 hours a day...lol, maybe its the combination. I also have a once a week drink of whiskey, not sure thats helping either.

But for sure, if I do weight training, I feel terrible depression for the next 3 or 4 days... its terrible.