Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What does it the most is when I feel I'm being fooled by people I once trusted. I'm really good at being able to tell when I'm being told things to just brush me off, rather than actually relate to me - this in turn sends my anxiety up in to "panic mode" and makes me want to totally crazy glues this mask on permanently and never allow people to see the 'real me'. Sometimes I feel I was meant to be in total isolation and its scary. But, what is even more scary is when the anxiety is replaced my numbness and I totally shut down mentally.

Of course I'm talking about online correspondence because I rarely leave the house the days.
    "I have no limits, no filter, no class, no poise. No decorum. Just fun"

Quote Originally Posted by NixonRulz View Post
    Chest pains were a big one. And words like "heart" "heart attack". Things just related to my ticker
    Same here. I've had every test in the world and they were not able to come up with anything other than an enlarged heart (which many people do in fact have)

I don't like to be startled and get palpitations.

What sets me off? A lot of things. I think my biggest is feeling like there is something wrong with me (medically). My second biggest is confrontation. My other triggers include something being seriously wrong with somebody I love (medically), feeling overheated or way too cold without the ability to escape the heat/cold and being far from home by myself. I think feeling really drugged is another one for me. Coffee is one of my main food sources, so that no longer bothers me the way it used to. I will reward myself with some vanilla ice cream at the end of the day if I ate my breakfast, lunch and dinner (I have a hard time eating), but it is a small amount because sugar will bother my anxiety and I can't physically seem to eat much. I space the caffeine and sugar out by at least 12 hours, though. I don't drink anymore because of my anxiety. I love to walk my dogs, but being out in the cold triggers my anxiety to the point where I just can't do it. I feel so bad for them, but I know if I go out in the cold I will start freaking out and have to turn right around.

The news. All of the bad stuff in the world. The city. This is all very new, like within the past 3 months. Was fun and lighthearted before that. Also, some if my negative family.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleasha View Post
    What sets me off? A lot of things. I think my biggest is feeling like there is something wrong with me (medically). My second biggest is confrontation. My other triggers include something being seriously wrong with somebody I love (medically), feeling overheated or way too cold without the ability to escape the heat/cold and being far from home by myself. I think feeling really drugged is another one for me. Coffee is one of my main food sources, so that no longer bothers me the way it used to. I will reward myself with some vanilla ice cream at the end of the day if I ate my breakfast, lunch and dinner (I have a hard time eating), but it is a small amount because sugar will bother my anxiety and I can't physically seem to eat much. I space the caffeine and sugar out by at least 12 hours, though. I don't drink anymore because of my anxiety. I love to walk my dogs, but being out in the cold triggers my anxiety to the point where I just can't do it. I feel so bad for them, but I know if I go out in the cold I will start freaking out and have to turn right around.
    I feel the same way about temperature changes that I can't control. The medical worry is a daily thing for me as well, always some sort of body thing happening that'll get me worried, even though there's nothing wrong with me. I have less self control and will destroy any icecream that finds its way into my fridge. I'm off caffeine now, though, it was starting to make my anxiety worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaure View Post
    The news. All of the bad stuff in the world. The city. This is all very new, like within the past 3 months. Was fun and lighthearted before that. Also, some if my negative family.
    Yes, same here. The news is mostly ugly propaganda now with the intent to trigger those with anxiety (in my opinion), and I would rather just put in a video that I enjoy. I watch the news for weather updates now and that's about it, really.

Why concern ourselves with things we can't change; rather focus on changing our immediate surrounding's to improve our overall well-being.
    Last edited by Surfside; 03-03-2015 at 01:29 AM.

caffeine and flying

Caffeine, sometimes marijuana (still smoke it anyways), being rushed at a job, and I think by biggest one is that I work my mind up into a nervous wreck over things that happen in real life, such as a date or seeing someone in a troubling situation.

If someone raises their voice at me. This is the biggest trigger for me.
    Any emergency type vehicle with sirens going, whether they are driving by when Im out or just going past my house. (my ex husband was a fireman and each time he'd be called out I would think he was going to die/get hurt)
    Groups of people, like in a classroom setting.
    Being confined in any way.
    Having to talk about things I cant research or find out about first.
    So many other things...

Noise. Especially first thing in the morning. Like the roadworks going on out the front of my place right now!!!
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer