Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Question Weird pukey feeling coming from throat...

Has anyone ever had a nausea/tight feeling in their throat? I feel like I want to throw up, but not in my stomach area..it's in my throat, like the glands inside are swollen or something. Kinda worried. Could this be a product of anxiety and tension? This is not the first time I have felt this. It's like a spasm I guess? Like when your mouth waters from spit from your throat...that's what it feels like kinda but no spit or puke. Just a weird full feeling.

Drinking water makes it worse too...feels like I want to heave. Why do I feel like this? I'm not sick. Haven't eaten anything bad. It's not even coming from my stomach. Anyone know what this is?

Does it feel like you're gagging?

Thyroid? If you keep getting it go to the doctor and get a blood test to check your thyroid levels. I have an underactive thyroid and it's a bit swollen. I have to take hormones for it.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

I have same thing. It’s in my throat/mouth but not my stomach. Usually starts with being nervous then it lasts forever even when not nervous. Can barely talk, move lips sometimes as I’m trying not to dry heave

Nytro the thread is 3 years old Gypsy and Jesse are not here anymore
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Slow down Nytro.

That's two very old threads of which those users have not been here for quite some time. We understand your going through a tough time. When you calm down and go to post again - either find an active thread on the topic your wishing to discuss of make a new one detailing specifically what it is you wish to discuss.

Like D often says to me when I am in similar states → "Breathe" But learn do it slowly. It really does help.

Quote Originally Posted by PonderThe2nd View Post
    Slow down Nytro.

That's two very old threads of which those users have not been here for quite some time. We understand your going through a tough time. When you calm down and go to post again - either find an active thread on the topic your wishing to discuss of make a new one detailing specifically what it is you wish to discuss.

Like D often says to me when I am in similar states → "Breathe" But learn do it slowly. It really does help.
    Sorry guys, for some reason I couldn’t make new posts/threads so I just searched my issue and reopen new threads but now it looks like I can open new threads

Valid points. We long term forum users quickly forget that. Glad the newbie restrictions are easing up. I just created a new user name which I myself need to break in. Created that one to dis the post count. Zzzzzz back to sleep ...or so I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    Valid points. We long term forum users quickly forget that. Glad the newbie restrictions are easing up. I just created a new user name which I myself need to break in. Created that one to dis the post count. Zzzzzz back to sleep ...or so I wish.
    Later man!