Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jessed03 View Post
    No worries Dave. In England, they naturally never mentioned it at all, so your post was the first I heard of it.

What's your gun situation over there? Do all of your police carry them, or just a few? They're trying to give every cop here a taser now, because of the "war on terror". All that's gonna mean is more people get shocked when the police don't like their tone. Although they aren't as dangerous as guns, keep using them and people are gonna die. Stupid really, because what's a taser gonna do against a gun, anyway? I've got a feeling the cops are using it as an excuse to tool up because we've had a lot of protests about insane cutbacks lately. I think they're worried people are about to fight back against wage cuts, house price increases, hospital privatisations, etc. All while the rich get richer. In the age of the internet, it's getting harder to lie to people.

I've definitely noticed a no-shit approach from our police lately. Sadly that extends to the mentally ill too.

Ah, anyway, I hope you're doing fairly well yourself. I'm not doing too badly, but you know what they say. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there and I'm wearing bacon underpants.

@ Gyspy: Ah, Abbott. We hear a lot about him! I hear he was on his last legs recently. Seems he's held onto his job... for now. We've got our own elections in May. That's gonna be interesting. The odds are predicting a conservative win, which is crazy seeing as they plan to cut everything to the actual bone: welfare, hospital services, community projects. Problem is, all of our social parties are just jokes. They're self-servers who just so happen to pat themselves on the back pretending they're do-gooders.

I do really feel for the people having their breakdowns now. Mine was 5 years ago, and I feel I caught the very last bit of functioning healthcare. All of the outpatient centres that helped me so very much have closed, and mental health funding in general has been sliced. The charities that helped me get back on my feet have gone under, and even getting a doctors appointment these days can take forever.

I don't know how the new people cope in such a horrible, vulnerable period in their lives. I can only see suicide rates and instances like this increasing really. Mental illness doesn't just go away, it progressively worsens. Sad.
    Yep Abbott nearly lost the top spot but he hung on unfortunately. He's embarrassing lol.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Is OK Gypsie, minor oversight ... I just saw no reason to correct it. I was more interested in your comment regarding QLD Police. I find it a bit iconic how we place weights on whatever labels regarding what state someone comes from. No offense intended, but I think we need to get away from such borderline/flag waving mentality. None the less, I do understand why many fall into such -> hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ->a systematic way of wanting for feel apart of something - especially those of us that feel so disconnected. Hence I believe the illness that plagues societies "heads of state" is rather systemic the world over. I think Jesse confirms that for me when I read what's going on over there as well.

Jesse, I also grieve for the young ones, old ones and anyone caught in the middle. Even with emotional reactions (seems the new term in mental illness lately) put aside, one can not help but reason how hopeless the situation currently is for those struggling to find their feet in such a selfish world.

I'm struggling very much. Despite my recent victory to overcome the medication and all the side effects they gave me - despite finding the time, space and various over techniques to catch my racing mind ... I can't help but feel so withdrawn in the face of what is continually aired, screened, pictured, written, voiced and so on.

I'm kind of over the Perception Response many give to reason our responses. I know many of the facilitators and therapists mean well, but with regard to the shit we are talking about here ... trying to reason ones point of view with the "hope" to make things more positive does very little to change the outcome for those who in fact do fall victim to such a monetizedand obligated fairing system. People just don't feel like a victim, they actually become one regardless of whatever magical possy wossy perspective one can dream up. LOL @ such attempts to fucking reason this BS away! That too also feeds into the victimization and enables the stigmatization! People just don't understand me when I explain that in order to find balance, we also have to be fucking real about the end results currently being conveniently being swept away. The other side of the coin - is not only are services being cut back, but how existing ones are starting to adopt such bullshit strategies in pacifying those of us who care not for our veiw point, but simply still end up seeing the same results that so no one wants to really know about. It draws too much of an emotional response for most to live pleasant lives and also just plainly to hot to deal with.

Withdraw the services and knock those who can not stand! - Up the anty ... Drive people to extremes than point the finger. Very very fucking Sad. Bullies in charge of the system. I think I would prefer chaos in the street as oppose to this kind of mind fuck living. Perhaps that is indeed a course where I say to those sitting on the paid seat handing out advice ... Indeed ... Your view point does indeed direct your response!

What do we do about it comes the next life changing text book response.

I'm too fucked up about now to play pass em backs - just accept it for what it is ............ forget about where we stand and talk about what we see. That'll do for now.

I'll check back on later guys ... no need to carry on as this kind of thing can indeed weigh a soul down .... but I do appreciate the recognition given from each of you here.

Thanks Guys ...

I am still doing group therapy ... seeing someone who I think I can trust (3rd person in last 6 months --- getting there (you have to keep looking with regards to trust) ................ pushing through with the voluntary work as well .... just changing from place to place .... might have something more me on the horizon soon as apposed to jumping into any kind of "system" that never works for me. unless my own system

Peace and all that.

Fact is ---- once you get a grip ... start clearing the head ... its the reality of what then befalls when you see the world for what it really is that takes a hold and makes me thing "right on Jesse" with that comment about giving such acknowledgement to what really is and Oh srry it really is for those currently penned up with things the way they now be. That's just not feeling down - it's also compassion man -> that's how we best see ... that way we don't cover up the truth with nice happy feelings that make us later feel like another hit when such fails to stem the reality of this rock we must live and breath.

I really appreciate your feeling for the many who meet such zero tolerance of which you speak.

Thanks heaps for that.

TY.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

yoh, shocking news