Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Im listening to pink Floyd just started the division bell I was listening to the stranglers song no mercy just before it's a song that I find helpful when I need to put thing's into prospective (life shows no mercy) you'll find it on YouTube not everyone's cup of tea

Quote Originally Posted by Twichard View Post
    Im listening to pink Floyd just started the division bell I was listening to the stranglers song no mercy just before it's a song that I find helpful when I need to put thing's into prospective (life shows no mercy) you'll find it on YouTube not everyone's cup of tea
    Ahh Pink Floyd
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Oh yes, ahhh, Pink Floyd!

There's nothing like a blast of pink Floyd to calming me down when things are tough I can just melt away from everything the lyrics are spectacular and so relevant to me not everyone thing but they help me put thing's into prospective some how

I obviously need to go listen to some..

Wish You Were Here and Shine On You Crazy Diamond are a couple of the songs I dedicated to my little brother (died Feb 2014 from heroin OD).

That's two that I listen to and bring my brother to mind he's also gone he took his own life and my best friend who died from a brain tumour Five years ago there's just something about the music they've made that reaches into me

Quote Originally Posted by Twichard View Post
    That's two that I listen to and bring my brother to mind he's also gone he took his own life and my best friend who died from a brain tumour Five years ago there's just something about the music they've made that reaches into me
    Oh wow.. Sorry to hear that. We all have stories of loss, hey. My brother was a musician himself (mainly bass guitar but some drums and vocals as well) so it's one of the things I've turned to even more since he died.

Corey Motherfucking Taylor (Acoustic) - Spit It Out https://youtu.be/wRAEcmQ1fh0

My brother worked in the construction industry but he played the lead guitar in a punk band in the early 80s he was involved with drug's also but he became an alcoholic and suffered from depression not a good mix it was him that introduce me to pink Floyd first album I listened to was the wall way back in 79 When it was released showing my age abit Im Now 46 and all these years later I still love the music it's timeless

Srry to hear about the noise Gypsy. I am ultra sensitive to noise myself and understand the use of noise canceling ear plugs. I'm also sensitive with plugging my ears up in order to suffer the noise. Both actives imo are unhealthy long term. I guess the ear plugs are the lesser of two evils. I don't think I could sleep that way all the time.

Focusing on it only makes it worse but I'm guessing you already know that and really needed to let lose or else. I get that.

This is what I am listening to right now:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIuIxIZeqYE

BUT ... I understand posting like so might make is worse. I hope not ... which is why I am looking online for something more useful.

Perhaps something like this:
    GOOGLE SEARCH STRING

Again ... I am thinking you have read them all.

I always like this story and find it helps in those moments I have no escape:
    Ironically I found the video required me to turn my sound all the way up. LOL

"He rips out the control panel, takes out his tools, trying to find this sound –
    trying to stop this sound..."

I'm not sure if any of that helps ... but I know what it's like living in and under noise pollution. I hope you can find alternatives that work and or learn to accept what you must; being one of the alternatives.

Hope this finds you a somewhat rested.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/