Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

anxiety! panic! after taking slimming pills

hi guys
    i started taking pro ultra slim and african mango pills on new years day to help loose some weight, i went into this blind i saw good reviews and thought right lets do this, after a few days taking 4 pills a day my appitite completely went i started loosing weight, but started feeling very poorly shakey, panicky, tearfull, but i was full of energy i was running about at 100 miles an hour!!! after 5 days i went to the drs who told me to stop them straight away as i had overdosed on the caffine,since then i have been suffering terrible anxiety attacks and feel like i need to be busy all the time and dont like being alone ive now lost 14lb since nyd!! i went to see a phamasist at my drs as there was no dr on duty at the time and he put me straight on 20mg of citalopram daily im on day 6 now the anxiety has calmed a little but the shaking is terrible and major headaches, after much research i decided to request to have my thyroid checked which i had done on friday just waiting for results now, my mum has overactive tyroid so thought i would check it as i dont want to have ad's if not needed, hate feeling like this

any help much appriciated thanks x

Quote Originally Posted by shell0_13 View Post
    hi guys
    i started taking pro ultra slim and african mango pills on new years day to help loose some weight, i went into this blind i saw good reviews and thought right lets do this, after a few days taking 4 pills a day my appitite completely went i started loosing weight, but started feeling very poorly shakey, panicky, tearfull, but i was full of energy i was running about at 100 miles an hour!!! after 5 days i went to the drs who told me to stop them straight away as i had overdosed on the caffine,since then i have been suffering terrible anxiety attacks and feel like i need to be busy all the time and dont like being alone ive now lost 14lb since nyd!! i went to see a phamasist at my drs as there was no dr on duty at the time and he put me straight on 20mg of citalopram daily im on day 6 now the anxiety has calmed a little but the shaking is terrible and major headaches, after much research i decided to request to have my thyroid checked which i had done on friday just waiting for results now, my mum has overactive tyroid so thought i would check it as i dont want to have ad's if not needed, hate feeling like this
    Oh no...those pills are never a good idea! I'm hoping by now you feel a little better!

Getting it checked is a good idea, but I assume it is just the caffeine that's making your heart beat quicker thus encouraging panic. I try to cut back on caffeine as much as possible, but I love my coffee too much to fully quit

Anyway, you'll be fine! Caffeine is such a bitch when it comes to anxiety!

Oh thanks you just reminded me that I forgot to take my noon dose of Slim Quick Diet Supplament for the "Diet" that I'm currently on. I love this website. Reading other people's stuff really helps me keep my head on straight, thanks.....

You actually must be over a certain age to purchase those pills w/ caffeine in them here in California. Is it the same there? The age limit is for the reason that many of these drugs are NOT meant for persons under 18, due to the body's Caloric requirement needed to grow to your fullest potential, and tallest potential. This is definately interfered with when food is restricted before the age of 18. I didn't even hear the phrase, "Diet" until I was 18 and in college.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Bluerose68 View Post
    You actually must be over a certain age to purchase those pills w/ caffeine in them here in California. Is it the same there? The age limit is for the reason that many of these drugs are NOT meant for persons under 18, due to the body's Caloric requirement needed to grow to your fullest potential, and tallest potential. This is definately interfered with when food is restricted before the age of 18. I didn't even hear the phrase, "Diet" until I was 18 and in college.
    I've got no idea, personally I've never tried. As someone who has anxiety, I've gotten used to attempting to use healthy eating and exercise to try and alleviate the anxiety.

We have age restrictions on caffeine tablets like Pro Plus for 16+, so I assume it'd be something similar to that.

i went through something similar with other fat loss pills. They were called "black widow" and they were full of caffeine and ephedra (not a good idea). It set off the last 5 years of serious depression, panic attacks, anxiety etc... The reason why I believe it lasted so long for me was because I refused to take meds at first, so I suffered through it like a jack a@s! I dont suggest that to anyone. See a good doctor, get a few second opinions and pray a lot before just trusting any one opinion. Start stretching, minimize the caffeine to almost none, cutting it off completely can give you severe withdrawals, however, ask your doctor about this. practice MBCT, pray, read Philipians 4:6-9

Yes, I hate always feeling like the "Cowardly Lion" on The Wizard of Oz. I have gone through the wind, and all through life fearing everything before i actually experience The Real Thing. But in the end living life isn't all that scary. It's more scary hiding in the closet and getting muscle cramps than running the 440 in record time because I practiced daily and sometimes even prayed to be on time, and it worked too....".A bit gained but all in a responsible fashion, and in the end was all worth the tad of the bit gained....."

Best way to shed weight is to cut all processed food from your diet. Get the right portion control - myfitnesspal app can help. Get the calorie intake just right and do some home exercises. 30 minute bursts most days. My friend did this and lost over 4 stone in under 6 months.

Ed
    How strong, how costly, the urge to fight our fate and turn back time. But life is meant to be consumed, not preserved to ward off doom. One can surely die from fear, before the end is ever near.