Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Cool Sick and Tired of Speedy Cars as i Cross w/in Crosswalk.

[CENTER][CENTER][[CENTER]
    CENTER]I am an Agoraphobic.

It takes a lot of effort on my behalf to muster up the courage and energy up to go walk to our local store.

I cross w/in the crosswalk Very Legally.
    But, darn it to frig-gen HE double hockey stick, if it isn't a speeding car each or at least every 3 attempts that I walk to the store my face is made to grimace as i witness these very evil drivers who choose to accelerate upon me walking in the crosswalk.

There is no excuse, I am usually more than 1/2 ways across when a car will come right at me not slowing down but accelerating towards me faster and faster.

So I am so startled that I sign using my finger spelling, "Hello, this is a cross walk, and i am a pedestrian. Do you mind?" Then I continue to cross.

I cannot run I am a large Euro-American female and my boobs are too big to run across the street like a coward.We need speed humps round here but they expect us to go door to door like Avon ladies in order to get a petition signed to do that.

That is the latest excuse, at least. Anyhow the humps need to go in the areas of 100 ft before either side of the crosswalks. Therefore giving the cars NO EXCUSES to ACCELERATE upon us PEDESTRIANS. I don't know if they are being paid to attempt to kill me via maiming me with their vehicles or what not, but it sure as hell seems that way to me.

I never see anyone else being rushed by cars. Though I have seen some foreigners wait at the street crossing for up to 5 minutes before crossing. There aren't even any cars round except way over on the Blvd. As pedestrians we are not responsible to predict whether those cars are going to whip around the corner and Not slow down. we have a right as pedestrians to cross the street and as drivers they must slow down as the round the corner from the Blvd.

The street where I cross is a residential street as well as a street for business, as the shopping Ctr is on this street running perpendicular to the very fast moving cars on the main Blvd. I do not wish to become a part of the pavement, except as a pedestrian. I am going to special order a tazer.

If a car threatens my safety by accelerating very quickly upon my body , very legally walking across the crosswalk, then i am going to taze these homicidal y insane drivers. If they allow themselves to speed up and get close enough to me that they cause my heart to flutter, then touche to them.

They will feel my reign of power upon their carelessly accelerating cars. See most of those drivers don't even live in my area. They are either transient renters who move out w/in 5 yrs, or they are just people who don't even live in this area.

Therefore some of them have a COSCO attitude and wish to,"Kill whatever gets in their way!!" That's the 1st amendment of the church of satan.

Well, I am No satan worshiper, BUT i am well read. Moreover; i am also i am a righteous pedestrian, within reason.

Like I said, I cross after checking to make sure that their is a clearance 1st.

But when i'm more than 1/2 way across and these cars speed up to cause me undue anxiety, well then I just want them to feel anxious about messing with the Wrong Pedestrian.

They do sell tazers

and I plan to purchase 1!!!
    Last edited by 1Bluerose68; 01-25-2015 at 09:55 PM.

lol - just skimmed, but coming back to finish reading soon. I like character.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Gee thank you for your following of my series of novella-like entries. I need more fans on this site. Wish more people would read my entries as I put a lot of thought into each and every 1 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Bluerose68 View Post
    [CENTER][CENTER][[CENTER]
    CENTER]I am an Agoraphobic.

It takes a lot of effort on my behalf to muster up the courage and energy up to go walk to our local store.

I cross w/in the crosswalk Very Legally.
    But, darn it to frig-gen HE double hockey stick, if it isn't a speeding car each or at least every 3 attempts that I walk to the store my face is made to grimace as i witness these very evil drivers who choose to accelerate upon me walking in the crosswalk.

There is no excuse, I am usually more than 1/2 ways across when a car will come right at me not slowing down but accelerating towards me faster and faster.

So I am so startled that I sign using my finger spelling, "Hello, this is a cross walk, and i am a pedestrian. Do you mind?" Then I continue to cross.

I cannot run I am a large Euro-American female and my boobs are too big to run across the street like a coward.We need speed humps round here but they expect us to go door to door like Avon ladies in order to get a petition signed to do that.

That is the latest excuse, at least. Anyhow the humps need to go in the areas of 100 ft before either side of the crosswalks. Therefore giving the cars NO EXCUSES to ACCELERATE upon us PEDESTRIANS. I don't know if they are being paid to attempt to kill me via maiming me with their vehicles or what not, but it sure as hell seems that way to me.

I never see anyone else being rushed by cars. Though I have seen some foreigners wait at the street crossing for up to 5 minutes before crossing. There aren't even any cars round except way over on the Blvd. As pedestrians we are not responsible to predict whether those cars are going to whip around the corner and Not slow down. we have a right as pedestrians to cross the street and as drivers they must slow down as the round the corner from the Blvd.

The street where I cross is a residential street as well as a street for business, as the shopping Ctr is on this street running perpendicular to the very fast moving cars on the main Blvd. I do not wish to become a part of the pavement, except as a pedestrian. I am going to special order a tazer.

If a car threatens my safety by accelerating very quickly upon my body , very legally walking across the crosswalk, then i am going to taze these homicidal y insane drivers. If they allow themselves to speed up and get close enough to me that they cause my heart to flutter, then touche to them.

They will feel my reign of power upon their carelessly accelerating cars. See most of those drivers don't even live in my area. They are either transient renters who move out w/in 5 yrs, or they are just people who don't even live in this area.

Therefore some of them have a COSCO attitude and wish to,"Kill whatever gets in their way!!" That's the 1st amendment of the church of satan.

Well, I am No satan worshiper, BUT i am well read. Moreover; i am also i am a righteous pedestrian, within reason.

Like I said, I cross after checking to make sure that their is a clearance 1st.

But when i'm more than 1/2 way across and these cars speed up to cause me undue anxiety, well then I just want them to feel anxious about messing with the Wrong Pedestrian.

They do sell tazers

and I plan to purchase 1!!!
    I got so tired of aholes turning in front of me while I was crossing the street - i kicked the side of the car! A coworker saw me and laughed....

Well, GOOD for YOU. They deserved that reaction too.

Ya! Rude people....

This message is for anyone that stumbles across this post in their travels.

There are multiple references in the Bible to treatment of your brothers and sisters. Now, the hidden meaning (as there always is, the great mystics designed it that way) of - "what is in thy heart", all-ways -expressing a belief, will return tenfold into your experience (create it). Your heart will expose (you) and turn against you.

Because: Metaphysical truth - We are all one, period. You cannot say "I have a good heart" and curse your brother at the same time. That curse returns immediately upon your spirit, and so you shall be cursed at, in thy days. If we are all one, the only enemy is thyself. The bad in the world is a mere reflection of your heart (projected out onto another, or a group). And so heart dis-ease is the number one affliction, you see. A real "eye-opener" as its meant to be.

Apropos for an anxiety board, the number one concern is first heart problems, that indeed sends you to the ER for that first visit, and starts the ball rolling, so to speak. The fears are of and from the heart, telling you the heart is broken, psychically, the heart was closed for most of you early childhood, and so the day must come that you consciously open it, accepting the love you so desire. Love is the healing agent. Not love for another, but for the self. "We are all one" says : If I cannot love myself, and my heart is closed, I cannot love another, and my experience, feedback from the world will be harsh and critical. Unloving.

In that context, (to the OP), "they" might even run you over. (both with a car and metaphorically)

The only thing people deserve is forgiveness. The only reason you (all of you) are judged, criticized, and condemned in your lives is because these things are in your heart, so they must return to you.

Luke 17:4

"Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. "And if he sins against you seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, 'I repent,' forgive him."

Luke 6:29

"Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you." "Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. " "Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back.…

Matthew 5:39

"You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.' "But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. "If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also.…
    Last edited by Im-Suffering; 01-28-2015 at 09:06 AM.
    "Each person alive helps paint the living picture of civilization as it exists at any given time. Be your own best artist. Your thoughts, feelings, and expectations are like the living brush strokes with which you paint your corner of lifes landscape. If you do your best in your own life, then you are helping to improve the quality of all life. Your thoughts mix and merge with others, to form man's living-scape, providing the vast mental elements from which physical events will be formed"

Yes Dear, i pray for many different types of head cases. However; i am only human, as God had made me, and only tolerate so much bullshit before the Big Bang Theory on TV becomes a Smash Hit on, "Hey, I'm NOT 21 ANYMORE Jump Street!!!!!" If i had totally followed every passage i ever heard of from the very get go, as i once had dated a very christian divorcee guy, i would have been barefoot and pregnant every year until i was no longer able to bear fruit any more. Thank God I realized how my Mother was exploited in life as a European immigrant, and i unfortunately vowed Never to be like her. Only now I slave for almost near nothing for my educationally delayed and challenged younger 46 y/o adult male sibling. I go to work, come home do chores, his and mine, house would be a disaster if I just left it and never tidied up around my home environment. But he doesn't give a rats ass about our home environment. He is like a rat and sleeps most the day and goes out whenever its convenient for him. That's my life, i wish i had a better 1. its tiring and ultimately boring. Gee i wish i was 21 again and had a MIA pal to compare scale #'s with and parallel poop in the restrooms together in between college classes or retail breaks. Those were the days. Now i am just overweight and nothing i do helps. i am frustrated. that is why i always must cross the street on my way to work out at the gym. Then these speeders and careless drivers just distract my pre-focus on my way to work out at the gym.....