I've never had the lump in my throat symptom, but I've definitely still had other anxiety symptoms even when I feel completely relaxed. The most common one of these for me is depersonalisation/derealisation - I just feel spaced out and not with it. Yet am very calm inside.

My take on it is that eventually you get used to the anxiety feeling and therefor not so on edge, but the other symptoms it triggers still appear. This can then lead to health anxiety because you don't really feel anxious but don't feel quite right and you start to think something is wrong.

Anxiety is very good at tricking you and getting you to think negative and unrealistic things, you then believe they must be true.

It's not easy, but you must just let it be and carry on with your day. When you stop drawing your attention to it and stop caring if it is there it does go. There more you dwell on it the more it will be there. There is nothing wrong, just general anxiety.

If you need to work out what is causing you too feel anxious without knowing it writing down your thoughts and feeling often helps pinpoint the underlying cause. I always used to keep a note pad and pen with me at all times. I'd stop what I was doing, get it out, then replace the negative thinking with positive thoughts, believe 100% this was the truth and not my anxious ones.

It helped me no end.

Hugo