Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Driving test

Driving test

I have generalized anxiety disorder that gets in the way of several things. My driving test is on Saturday which is in 2 days. I've been driving for 10 months with my permit and mom in the car. I do feel pretty good about my driving. However, I'm extremely nervous to take the test. I know im going to be judged on every little thing. I'm scared I'll make a stupid mistake because I'll be so nervous. I'm also worried about being with someone I don't know. Any advice?

Having confidence in your abilities to do well on your test is a big key to decrease your anxieties, Uhlysser. If you believe that you know what your doing when it comes to doing what you need to do to pass this test, it'll calm you down some.

Good luck on your test!

Quote Originally Posted by Uhlysser View Post
    I have generalized anxiety disorder that gets in the way of several things. My driving test is on Saturday which is in 2 days. I've been driving for 10 months with my permit and mom in the car. I do feel pretty good about my driving. However, I'm extremely nervous to take the test. I know im going to be judged on every little thing. I'm scared I'll make a stupid mistake because I'll be so nervous. I'm also worried about being with someone I don't know. Any advice?
    I was like this too!! Super nervous, but honestly I just made small talk related to driving which helped to calm my nerves. I made a couple mistakes but I think that's normal, especially when you are nervous. Just be confident in yourself and you'll do fine