Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is in reply to Im-Suffering
    Why do some of us have these triggers?? I seem to have had three of them now. I'm on my third, not related to the above poster or OCD.
    Do we set them up before birth from a previous incarnation so we can work on things?
    I don't understand why some of us have such strong triggers when others seem to go through life without these kinds of events. Does it just
    stem back to our childhood for some of us who have not worked out emotional stuff from early on or again something we may have set up before birth?
    Last edited by Tranquil; 12-25-2014 at 07:26 PM. Reason: in reply to Im-Suffering

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil View Post
    This is in reply to Im-Suffering
    Why do some of us have these triggers?? I seem to have had three of them now. I'm on my third, not related to the above poster or OCD.
    Do we set them up before birth from a previous incarnation so we can work on things?
    I don't understand why some of us have such strong triggers when others seem to go through life without these kinds of events. Does it just
    stem back to our childhood for some of us who have not worked out emotional stuff from early on or again something we may have set up before birth?
    Not a simple answer. Would take some time. The strong triggers always hold an epiphany. Or a striking realization.

The focus should not be on the events, but on the thinking and actions leading up to them. You are learning to think aright. That is what you are up to. The camouflage is there for feedback. All experiences are mental or psychic long before the body meets the illusion it has created.

There is 'time' for adjustments then, trial and error, as the feedback is usually not immediate. Thus you must discover for yourself the thought train leading up to the physical experience. Only through such methods can you discover what you could have done differently.

The auto accident existed as probable long before it was created. The job, money, spouse, these events have a larger meaning and can also be traced to some form of thought train. Now you wouldn't consciously say 'I wish to lose everything at once', but at the same time you can dig back and see the thoughts were quite conscious. What you were thinking, dreaming, born from some frustration, repression, conflicts, and a desire for change.

While you are not fated or predestined to problems, the framework exists that makes them probable. From a field of probabilities you have choice. Now, in learning the lesson of money, you can 'go broke' and suffer, go broke and find joy, keep the money and be happy, or keep the money and suffer.

So although you've chosen finances as a challenge for example, the framework is quite large offering many options.. The spirit is concerned with psychological growth, the money itself part of the curriculum. Eventually the personality learns it does not need to lose anything, to win. Losing is 'probable' not predestined. Hurt and pain are the result of thought-errors.

Issues do not need to reoccur, if you have resolved the mental conditions that made them possible.

I'm losing focus at the moment, so that's all for now. I don't know how clear it's been.
    Last edited by Im-Suffering; 12-25-2014 at 09:26 PM.
    "Each person alive helps paint the living picture of civilization as it exists at any given time. Be your own best artist. Your thoughts, feelings, and expectations are like the living brush strokes with which you paint your corner of lifes landscape. If you do your best in your own life, then you are helping to improve the quality of all life. Your thoughts mix and merge with others, to form man's living-scape, providing the vast mental elements from which physical events will be formed"

You started off with being a naturally anxious and perhaps slightly compulsive person...and in general, that's okay. Then it was brought out more by an unexpected and unfortunate occurrence. Now you fear what could happen because something DID happen to you. Now your anxiety is interfering with your quality of life. You are constantly on alert for the next unexpected and unfortunate event to try and stop it...and that's where your compulsiveness also starts to spiral out of control. You are on overdrive with worrying about what could happen. I'd suggest seeing a therapist about it; the therapist will give you specified exposure therapy and other types of therapy to help you understand the process behind what you're doing and how to break free from it. You might even have some PTSD from the accident.

See someone about it. It's the best thing you can do for your daughter. Your doctor isn't a mental health physician. You need to see someone who is.

Things happen, but what is MORE dangerous and currently MORE likely is you negatively affecting your daughter (even though your worry is about the safety of your family). Your WORRY is more damaging in the present moment than what could be damaging in the future.

Have you ever tried therapy? Cognitive behavioral therapy might be the solution for you. Actually the best way to overcome anxiety and panic attacks is a combination of medication and therapy because pills can help at the beginning of the treatment and therapy is the long term solution that can lead to ending your anxiety forever. Also when you have a powerful panic attack pills can help because they give fast response.

Now, your anxiety while driving can be treated. Not with pills, but with some effective techniques that can make you forget that you hate being in a car, on the motorway. Here is an article I found about how to cope with anxiety while driving that give really good tips: http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/types/driving

About your compulsive disorder, you need to try and control your thoughts and I don't mean projecting happy thoughts and breathing... these can help but it depends, from person to person. You need to change your state of mind and realize for yourself that there is nothing to fear about, gas leaks, bugs, the plug sockets and all the things you fear. Here therapy can help you by teaching you how to change your state of mind.

Take care and be safe!
    "Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain." Joseph Campbell

"Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact." William James

Thank you all so much! I know my behaviour is more dangerous then my actual compulsive thoughts. On my bad days my daughter is also down and I HATE it so much. It's just so hard to snap out of it. When I'm having a good day I'm so high and happy and joyful my daughter definitely bounces of my emotions. I love them days but then just like that I snap back into my stupid ways!

There could be quite a few trigger points, my car crash, my turbulent childhood (my mum and dad we're always fighting) my dad even tried to kidnap us once. I was also in an awful relationship in my last two years of school. He not only mentally but physically abused me for two years. Was definitely the lowest point in my life. I ended falling pregnant I was so happy but when he found out he beat me so bad out side my school social services we're phoned. I decided the best decision was to have an abortion. That abortion made me cry the whole way through my pregnany with my daughter through guilt and I was adamant that something bad was going to happen to my baby because of what I done.

My conmplusive houghts ruin everything that should meake me happy and I hate it !!
    Last edited by Sad; 12-29-2014 at 10:34 AM.

I agree with Ambition. It could be PTSD. Fortunately its treatable