Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lastly...spiritually speaking...dad losing his job was instrumental in the bigger plan of your life. You are just not privy to seeing the future as of yet. In that context, you can thank dad, and the girlfriend for those gifts. (Shifting the plan)...do you understand?

That is all. Stay with me, don't let other intrusive posts throw you off. Save this thread and go back to it when your feeling despondent. It will give you comfort in having faith...to allow life to unfold sometimes altering your plan even if it seems against your will.
    Last edited by Im-Suffering; 12-15-2014 at 11:43 AM.
    "Each person alive helps paint the living picture of civilization as it exists at any given time. Be your own best artist. Your thoughts, feelings, and expectations are like the living brush strokes with which you paint your corner of lifes landscape. If you do your best in your own life, then you are helping to improve the quality of all life. Your thoughts mix and merge with others, to form man's living-scape, providing the vast mental elements from which physical events will be formed"

It is a very common symptome of anxiety, this fear of being mentally ill. One of the most common, I think!

My whole life has been like a severely shooken up snow globe for the last year or so. In and out of the Doctor and therapist (they work together on my case, so it makes it easier) and trial and error with medications. I am in a new bout of anxiety (yay) and of course it is centred around my mental health. I too have a huge fear of losing it, I am terrified of schizophrenia, bipolar, mood disorders, OCD, everything. Everything but GAD scares me but it's the GAD that's causing me to fear these mental illnesses !! It's a furious cycle. I find that with each bout of anxiety I get (usually last a couple days to a couple weeks) that I find something new to be scared of.

I think for people like us (basically everyone with anxiety and exceptional current life circumstances) needs to just sit down and organize our thoughts and how we are going to go about things. I always feel better when all my ducks are in a row and I know exactly what my next step is. When everything seems to be a mess in my life and out of control, or just too much going on at once, that's when my mind will latch onto something and just hyperfocus on that one thing, which never helps.

So
    1. you are not alone in this, I get the same type of anxiety, as do many others
    2. try and plan and organize your life as best you can at this point in life
    3. tell people how you feel. Internalizing it - does NOT help. People will get hurt sometimes, but it's better to be honest than to let yourself suffer from holding onto things.
    “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”