Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Average day...

Average day...

Hi,

Just curious to what your average day is like having anxiety?

Whats are your fears, frustrations and what helps you get through the day?

Honestly, every day is different. Some days I hardly have any anxiety at all. Other days it is so all-consuming that I can hardly function. Mostly it is a mix of the two. I feel it creep up every now and then, get a racing heart and start to have trouble breathing, and then slowly it goes away. Repeat. What I focus on during these bouts of anxiety can differ. Right now I am laser focused on my son's friendships and emotional well-being. Other times it is struggles with neighbors or anxiety over my kids' success at school. Spending time with safe people helps a lot. My husband travels for work and those times are the hardest. When he is home, just being with him helps a lot.

Chest pain.. racing heart... more chest pain.. sad that i've been going through this for so long and not getting better.

hi nobot saying this above will not help you with anxiety, how long have you have it? I am dealing with it for 40 maybe more years.................... gym, dates, fun, dog, tennis will help you with anxiety then meditation but not complaining
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

almost a year now.. but everyday feels like I'm on the verge of a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanayoung View Post
    Hi,

Just curious to what your average day is like having anxiety?

Whats are your fears, frustrations and what helps you get through the day?
    I am doing really good the last couple of months. I will describe a typical day when anxiety was at its peak.

• wake up late dreading getting out of bed - take a half a ativan maybe a hour before I got ready for work..
    • insomnia - adrenalin pumping about 2-4 am, freaking me out
    • Adrenalin pumping constantly
    • go through the day and night in survival mode just waiting for the worst to pass and feel "normal again"
    • sitting at work wondering if people think I am weird
    • intense fear attacks
    • decreased appetite
    • way over stimulated, could not relax
    • ruminating about what could be wrong with me, the future looks terrible, always in my head
    • had some light derealisation
    • low dose of Ativan to get through the day/night
    everything just seemed weird, I did not feel like myself at all....

Now my Lexapro has me feeling "normal" I still have anxiety issues, but I am way better and able to work on what is at the root of it all

Quote Originally Posted by Kort2634 View Post
    Honestly, every day is different. Some days I hardly have any anxiety at all. Other days it is so all-consuming that I can hardly function. Mostly it is a mix of the two. I feel it creep up every now and then, get a racing heart and start to have trouble breathing, and then slowly it goes away. Repeat. What I focus on during these bouts of anxiety can differ. Right now I am laser focused on my son's friendships and emotional well-being. Other times it is struggles with neighbors or anxiety over my kids' success at school. Spending time with safe people helps a lot. My husband travels for work and those times are the hardest. When he is home, just being with him helps a lot.
    Thanks for the reply Kort2635

Do you find yourself at it's worst when your alone?

JustGal, Did you find yourself in a situation when you were at your worst? e.g Driving, loneliness or was it just consistent anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    hi nobot saying this above will not help you with anxiety, how long have you have it? I am dealing with it for 40 maybe more years.................... gym, dates, fun, dog, tennis will help you with anxiety then meditation but not complaining
    Have you tired meditation as a solution? I've heard a lot of promising things and have been trying it for a week now. I feel better but it's hard to calm your thoughts when it's racing at a million miles per hour

Quote Originally Posted by nobot87 View Post
    Chest pain.. racing heart... more chest pain.. sad that i've been going through this for so long and not getting better.
    What things have you been trying to keep them under control so far? Natural, books, medication etc?