Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Question Lexapro Withdrawal

Friends -- My doctor and I decided to decrease my Lexapro dosage to 5mg daily because at 10mg I was feeling extremely horrid. But as I went down to 5mg, I noticed I still felt worse. So I stopped taking it all together. And, yes, I know it isn't recommended, however, I feel tons better without it. Well apart from the withdrawal symptoms, I feel like myself again. I'm writing and posting to gain some insight on these symptoms.

I currently am experiencing dizziness to the extreme, I mean I seriously don't want to move once I am stationed in a seated position. When I do move, it's as if I'm going to fall over or pass out because of how dizzy and lightheaded I am.

I'm experiencing a mild headache now, four days without Lexapro, but I expected that really.

I'm currently only taken a Omega 3 Fish soft gel capsule to help with brain zaps that I've heard frequently about and was told that fish oil would help with it. So far so good.

All in all, I'm extremely worried about being this dizzy. I can handle mild dizziness and lightheadedness, however, this degree of that symptom is leaving me worried.

Any advice?
    Thanks in advance friends!!!

Perhaps get in contact with your doctor. I was on Lexapro a few months ago and I had horrible side effects like you did. After I talked to my doctor he switched me over to an SNRI and its working way better than the Lexapro ever did.

Are you wanting to try a different med or just go without meds? If you are just wanting to go off meds completely maybe he could prescribe something for the dizziness?

Quote Originally Posted by Brans0605 View Post
    Friends -- My doctor and I decided to decrease my Lexapro dosage to 5mg daily because at 10mg I was feeling extremely horrid. But as I went down to 5mg, I noticed I still felt worse. So I stopped taking it all together. And, yes, I know it isn't recommended, however, I feel tons better without it. Well apart from the withdrawal symptoms, I feel like myself again. I'm writing and posting to gain some insight on these symptoms.

I currently am experiencing dizziness to the extreme, I mean I seriously don't want to move once I am stationed in a seated position. When I do move, it's as if I'm going to fall over or pass out because of how dizzy and lightheaded I am.

I'm experiencing a mild headache now, four days without Lexapro, but I expected that really.

I'm currently only taken a Omega 3 Fish soft gel capsule to help with brain zaps that I've heard frequently about and was told that fish oil would help with it. So far so good.

All in all, I'm extremely worried about being this dizzy. I can handle mild dizziness and lightheadedness, however, this degree of that symptom is leaving me worried.

Any advice?
    Thanks in advance friends!!!
    I tried that once, went cold turkey for a month...........the anger I felt was terrible, I ended up back on it. Hope you do well.

I was on Lexapro 10mg once. I felt really bad, especially in the mornings. I had a very jittery kind of feeling. I called the doc and he suggested I try to stick with it and the side effects would subside. I did that for a little bit of time, but really could not stand it any more. I felt like the cure was worse than the illness, so to speak. So (with the doc's blessing) I reduced to 5mg. That pretty much eliminated the side effects. But maybe it also eliminated any benefit of the medication. Hard to tell. Eventually I tapered off of it. I just did not want to be on medication long term. Seems each person reacts differently, both in terms of side effects and in terms of willingness to be on medication.