Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Panic 468x60
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4

    Dizzy,Tired,Scared Feeling please help

    Hi,

    I'm not quite sure whats going on with me but over the past month or two (this has happened prior) ive had an over all light headed,scared,tired & nervous feeling. Sometimes it calms down but when im in certain situations it gets ALLOT worse. Its getting to the point now where thats all I think about and that makes it even worse. I went to the docs mainly because I ha d aa psychial and they think its just "stress" and did not seem to care to much about it. I feel like im really freaking out and its driving me nuts.. Its effecting my work,my marriage and life... Can someone help me or guide me on what the hell i need to do to fix this or atleast make it a little better.

    that would be great.

    thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    USA - Florida
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by minusbfold View Post
    Hi,

    I'm not quite sure whats going on with me but over the past month or two (this has happened prior) ive had an over all light headed,scared,tired & nervous feeling. Sometimes it calms down but when im in certain situations it gets ALLOT worse. Its getting to the point now where thats all I think about and that makes it even worse. I went to the docs mainly because I ha d aa psychial and they think its just "stress" and did not seem to care to much about it. I feel like im really freaking out and its driving me nuts.. Its effecting my work,my marriage and life... Can someone help me or guide me on what the hell i need to do to fix this or atleast make it a little better.

    that would be great.

    thanks
    All readers, take note of what your about to read as it not only applies to this OP, for I cannot respond to every soul that posts here :

    To start.....Don't be so 'impressed' by how you feel. The physical symptoms normal under the given circumstances. Under the surface you have felt stress for quite some time, more than likely you have unresolved problems/issues that when lingering for a period, not only build emotionally, but sensitize the body. Creating a high state of alert, so to speak, even during the calm times of television, or relaxing. It is utter importance that you understand the physiological responses are NORMAL given the sensitization and the prolonged "brooding" over life issues that may seem beyond your control. Or sensitization could occur under a trauma such as surgery, sudden death, or a life change.

    Becoming afraid of the state you are in is THE tragic pitfall of the onset of anxiety in a person (and the #1 diagnosis in the ER). Bewildered or confused by the state you are in adds a "second" fear upon the already sensitized nervous system, manifesting into what you would call anxiety disorder, a chronic state of bewilderment/sensitization and fear. Much like a circle. Doubt about the state you are in > worry >fear > bewilderment > second fear (fear upon fear) > release of chemicals (adrenals) > stimulation (tremors, stomach, palps, and so forth) -- And back to worry.

    It is therfor important at the incipient stages to recognize ie. have understanding of what is happening, (natural response), and thus either work on the cause...(problems/trauma) that one has been avoiding or not fully facing, and at the same time not adding fear upon fear as discussed.

    The way towards health, and im not saying you are "unhealthy", but we shall term it back to the you that you knew, is in acceptance. By acceptance you allow what you feel instead of cowering and tensing the body. Fighting against it, will only make it more intense, and that is why anxiety is so insidious. The kneejerk reaction is to fight or resist. It never occurs to the unsuspecting weary soul to allow his body to 'happen'. Whatever he may feel, and to sit and see it through by loosening the vice grip and accepting the physical status until it has run its course. Symbolically the body is releasing energies from an emotional state. Not the other way around.

    Acceptance...Loosening of the body when you feel it tensing, not adding fear to fear even if your heart is thumping and you are feeling sick. You sit.... Accept.....loosen....and let it flow through you. Once the chemicals have passed through the body, yes, the effects of the 'attack' could last some days. Because the chemicals act upon the muscles and such one could feel ache, stomachy, and some mental effects (derealization, etc) Derealization is again 'natural' as the individual becomes obsessed with his internal workings and at the same time taking his gaze off of the outside world, thus the hazy, unreal feelings. Understanding in all cases is power as they say, 'knowledge' is power and that I give you here.

    Now, in the middle of these so called 'attacks' you have time to understand the issues in your life through self-examination and healing if necessary. Your world view may be colored in such a way where you need a third party to come in and change that viewpoint by showing you a new way, a new outlook that you could agree with. This is belief work, you see.

    Now anxiety becomes chronic when fear builds upon fear immobilizing the individual, restricting activity, and thus agoraphobia could set in along with depression which is no more than a healthy reaction to despondency or powerlessness to overcome what is in front of him.

    I have given you a good start here. Print it/ reread it several times, until intuitively you know where to go next on your journey.

    Best
    Last edited by Im-Suffering; 11-17-2014 at 06:26 AM.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Im-Suffering View Post
    All readers, take note of what your about to read as it not only applies to this OP, for I cannot respond to every soul that posts here :

    To start.....Don't be so 'impressed' by how you feel. The physical symptoms normal under the given circumstances. Under the surface you have felt stress for quite some time, more than likely you have unresolved problems/issues that when lingering for a period, not only build emotionally, but sensitize the body. Creating a high state of alert, so to speak, even during the calm times of television, or relaxing. It is utter importance that you understand the physiological responses are NORMAL given the sensitization and the prolonged "brooding" over life issues that may seem beyond your control. Or sensitization could occur under a trauma such as surgery, sudden death, or a life change.

    Becoming afraid of the state you are in is THE tragic pitfall of the onset of anxiety in a person (and the #1 diagnosis in the ER). Bewildered or confused by the state you are in adds a "second" fear upon the already sensitized nervous system, manifesting into what you would call anxiety disorder, a chronic state of bewilderment/sensitization and fear. Much like a circle. Doubt about the state you are in > worry >fear > bewilderment > second fear (fear upon fear) > release of chemicals (adrenals) > stimulation (tremors, stomach, palps, and so forth) -- And back to worry.

    It is therfor important at the incipient stages to recognize ie. have understanding of what is happening, (natural response), and thus either work on the cause...(problems/trauma) that one has been avoiding or not fully facing, and at the same time not adding fear upon fear as discussed.

    The way towards health, and im not saying you are "unhealthy", but we shall term it back to the you that you knew, is in acceptance. By acceptance you allow what you feel instead of cowering and tensing the body. Fighting against it, will only make it more intense, and that is why anxiety is so insidious. The kneejerk reaction is to fight or resist. It never occurs to the unsuspecting weary soul to allow his body to 'happen'. Whatever he may feel, and to sit and see it through by loosening the vice grip and accepting the physical status until it has run its course. Symbolically the body is releasing energies from an emotional state. Not the other way around.

    Acceptance...Loosening of the body when you feel it tensing, not adding fear to fear even if your heart is thumping and you are feeling sick. You sit.... Accept.....loosen....and let it flow through you. Once the chemicals have passed through the body, yes, the effects of the 'attack' could last some days. Because the chemicals act upon the muscles and such one could feel ache, stomachy, and some mental effects (derealization, etc) Derealization is again 'natural' as the individual becomes obsessed with his internal workings and at the same time taking his gaze off of the outside world, thus the hazy, unreal feelings. Understanding in all cases is power as they say, 'knowledge' is power and that I give you here.

    Now, in the middle of these so called 'attacks' you have time to understand the issues in your life through self-examination and healing if necessary. Your world view may be colored in such a way where you need a third party to come in and change that viewpoint by showing you a new way, a new outlook that you could agree with. This is belief work, you see.

    Now anxiety becomes chronic when fear builds upon fear immobilizing the individual, restricting activity, and thus agoraphobia could set in along with depression which is no more than a healthy reaction to despondency or powerlessness to overcome what is in front of him.

    I have given you a good start here. Print it/ reread it several times, until intuitively you know where to go next on your journey.

    Best
    Thanks I will keep reading.

    the main issue im having is im feeling light headed like ALWAYS and its driving me nuts...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4
    One other question?

    Can it last all day long because since ive woken up this morning ive been dizzy,light headed and a overall nervous feeling. It doesnt seem like it wants to stop either

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    USA - Florida
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by minusbfold View Post
    One other question?

    Can it last all day long because since ive woken up this morning ive been dizzy,light headed and a overall nervous feeling. It doesnt seem like it wants to stop either
    I have used your question as the start of a new thread, since you could be the catalyst for many....In the road to their own recovery. Be proud of who you are, as all works together for the good.

    Now, youll need to reread over and over what I wrote to you. Because the first steps in understanding is to not be so (overly) concerned with how you physically feel. This is the 'bluff' of anxiety, as medically speaking the chemicals can only do so much inside the body. there is a tapering point, you see, if not exacerbated by the second fear, as we call it. the reaction to the incipient nervous feelings, the fear upon fear.

    Since you have a release of chemicals they can linger, so to speak as your left with certain physiological traces. And truthfully a sensitized person always maintains a higher chemical state in the body, he is always ready to flee at a pins drop. This chemical state redirects blood flow you see, to the body parts needed. and so you have light headed-ness, increased tension, flow to the muscles, brain fog (derealization) and increased HR heartrate (and so forth). Again NORMAL reactions to imaginary creations, first in a mental state before any outward sign manifest. Under the term 'nervous illness' one may maintain this state (up and down so to speak) for as long as it is needed. Or until he stops running from them.

    Dizziness and your symptoms are a portion of the natural mechanics of the body along with a psychological state impaired by confusion and faulty thinking. Thus as long as the beliefs are there, "OMG, why am I dizzy all day" "what if..." "why me..." "what is happening..." "this is not normal" and so forth, you will continue to experience this reality. (fearful of the state you are in, when the state is quite natural given the circumstances the body is under, you see).

    Until you put into practice what has been given. And seek possibly a therapist if necessary (or a trusted friend, so to speak, that could help sort out your beliefs, problems, show you a new light, you see), and of course assuming you have been checked by a doctor and given a clean bill of health other than an anxiety diagnosis.

    Speak with your doctor as well about certain medications, that could help ease the worry and thus compliment your own natural healing process' giving a reprieve long enough to see clearly and do the work ahead in regards to 'health' and well being.
    Last edited by Im-Suffering; 11-17-2014 at 07:13 AM.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Im-Suffering View Post
    I have used your question as the start of a new thread, since you could be the catalyst for many....In the road to their own recovery. Be proud of who you are, as all works together for the good.

    Now, youll need to reread over and over what I wrote to you. Because the first steps in understanding is to not be so (overly) concerned with how you physically feel. This is the 'bluff' of anxiety, as medically speaking the chemicals can only do so much inside the body. there is a tapering point, you see, if not exacerbated by the second fear, as we call it. the reaction to the incipient nervous feelings, the fear upon fear.

    Since you have a release of chemicals they can linger, so to speak as your left with certain physiological traces. And truthfully a sensitized person always maintains a higher chemical state in the body, he is always ready to flee at a pins drop. This chemical state redirects blood flow you see, to the body parts needed. and so you have light headed-ness, increased tension, flow to the muscles, and increased HR heartrate. Again NORMAL reactions to imaginary creations, first in a mental state before any outward sign manifest.

    Dizziness and your symptoms are a portion of the natural mechanics of the body along with a psychological state impaired by confusion and faulty thinking. Thus as long as the beliefs are there, "OMG, why am I dizzy all day" "what if..." "why me..." "what is happening..." "this is not normal" and so forth, you will continue to experience this reality. (fearful of the state you are in, when the state is quite natural given the circumstances the body is under, you see).

    Until you put into practice what has been given. And seek possibly a therapist if necessary (or a trusted friend, so to speak, that could help sort out your beliefs, problems, show you a new light, you see), and of course assuming you have been checked by a doctor and given a clean bill of health other than an anxiety diagnosis.

    Speak with your doctor as well about certain medications, that could help ease the worry and thus compliment your own natural healing process' giving a reprieve long enough to see clearly and do the work ahead in regards to 'health' and well being.
    Yes I went to the doctors on Friday and had a physical and everything was fine. They are doing blood work this week just to make sure but they think its stress. Aside from that they did not offer any other solutions. I did reach back out to see if I should see a psychiatrist or sit down on a couch and tell someone all my problems lol..

    I'm trying my best to cope with this but its making work really hard but im going to keep syaing to myself "everything is ok" "its the body's natural reaction to stress" and see if this will help.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    USA - Florida
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by minusbfold View Post
    Yes I went to the doctors on Friday and had a physical and everything was fine. They are doing blood work this week just to make sure but they think its stress. Aside from that they did not offer any other solutions. I did reach back out to see if I should see a psychiatrist or sit down on a couch and tell someone all my problems lol..

    I'm trying my best to cope with this but its making work really hard but im going to keep syaing to myself "everything is ok" "its the body's natural reaction to stress" and see if this will help.
    I have given you much here on a message board. You understand. But enough where if it 'clicks' you have the foundation for the work because I have given you understanding of the workings of it all. A basic course study today So print the whole thread and reread it.

    I mentioned acceptance, and that means utter acceptance. And that can only come with understanding. Also in case you have never done 'belief work', know your beliefs may need examining for validity. Another words you have childhood conditioning, beliefs you took on as facts over the years that may not be serving you well in your current life. For example you may hold "I am unlovable" from childhood. and act upon this unconsciously as your truth. You can see how this can cause much havoc, you see. Only through self examination then can you uncover what has been hidden.

    Now im not correlating beliefs with your anxiety, but usually the two go hand in hand. Other than the immediate shock of a divorce or health issues, or a long standing problem unresolved which can one day manifest into anxiety disorder, you see. The long brooding over your life, etc will one day sensitize the body and you have the origins of the nervous 'condition'

    No matter what starts it, remain in the 'now' you see. and follow what we have spoken about. Be patient, allow time, and ease into your belief work as they come up. I mention beliefs because you said you tell yourself "everything is ok" when indeed you feel that your lying to the self and thus everything becomes worse. Affirmations or self suggestions must take root in something.....But that is a conversation for a therapist, you see.' In the meantime it is best to affirm health, and that everything is ok, if it is done as a game. A childs game where you consciously say, "For some time I will picture health and wellness, I will do this playfully, not to deceive self, because in 30 days if I feel better great ! But if not, I have lost nothing". This way it is not a lie so to speak in which case the mental conflicts would prevent progress, but as a game you can begin to learn to think aright, being true to your feelings in the meantime. Honoring them, good or bad.

    Learning to think aright is one of the main purposes in every human life.

    I have given you enough today....for a good start. Keeping in mind the clean bill of physical health.
    Last edited by Im-Suffering; 11-17-2014 at 07:36 AM.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Panic Large