Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Cool I am afraid to attend Mass all by myself:

It's been 2 yrs since I last attended a mass. Back then , I tagged along w/ dad since mom had passed away. Those 2 always went to church, happily, like a 2 cheer leaders on the way to a big tournament. Then after mom passed, I went to keep my dad's spirits up. Then when he passed away, I had no one to attend mass with. Also torn between my old school parish and my parents parish. since my parents had their funeral masses at 1 church in particular, i am now like little Albert and cannot fathom the thought of going back to dad's parish. but my former school parish I know hardly anyone. This 1 lady whom i do know nthat goes there is very disturbed and I would hate to end up at the same mass as her. So obviously this is an ANXIETY issue for me.......With the holidays coming up and all i just feel very confused?

Quote Originally Posted by 1Bluerose68 View Post
    It's been 2 yrs since I last attended a mass. Back then , I tagged along w/ dad since mom had passed away. Those 2 always went to church, happily, like a 2 cheer leaders on the way to a big tournament. Then after mom passed, I went to keep my dad's spirits up. Then when he passed away, I had no one to attend mass with. Also torn between my old school parish and my parents parish. since my parents had their funeral masses at 1 church in particular, i am now like little Albert and cannot fathom the thought of going back to dad's parish. but my former school parish I know hardly anyone. This 1 lady whom i do know nthat goes there is very disturbed and I would hate to end up at the same mass as her. So obviously this is an ANXIETY issue for me.......With the holidays coming up and all i just feel very confused?
    What are the holidays about Rose, what do they mean to you?

1) Love
    2) Remembrance
    3) Re-birth (open your heart again)

Visiting Dad's (and mom) church would symbolize love. And to an extent honor. Say hello to all of the old friends and acquaintance', letting them know you are well, is loving. Church is a place of comfort, friendship, guidance...Sing the hymn of love in your heart for the cheerleaders old place of worship. You never know what love may bring..

Visiting your school parish is (symbolic) of remembrance. Honor who you are and where you came from. You never know who you will run into. Again, a place of love, friendship, make peace with who you need to. You do understand, don't you? You never know what love may bring, rather who love may bring. (to cross your path).

And you do so want to give and receive love, to share your gifts.

Lastly after all said and done, find a new Church, you see, new friends, new guidance, new relationships, new fellowship. Symbolizing Re-birth. Yours. Here especially, you never know who love might bring.

And you do so want new beginnings, a fresh new start. Where there was once grief, there is now only love, left. No regrets, no guilt.

Im also for some reason getting something to do with a puppy store. Spend a few hours maybe once a week in that little fenced off pen inside a puppy store where they let you play and get to know them. While there, make sure to feel, you see. Opening the heart.

Happy holidays
    Last edited by Im-Suffering; 11-16-2014 at 09:27 AM.

So you think i am a cube of ice ay?

So you think i am a cube of ice ay?
    You're way cooler than ice.

An iceberg?

An iceberg?
    Cooler than an iceberg. You're even cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Quote Originally Posted by jessed03 View Post
    Cooler than an iceberg. You're even cooler than the other side of the pillow.
    Good one............
    " it is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt ", Mark Twain.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing to be" cooler than the other side of the pillow?"

So does anyone have this as a holiday type issue with Agoraphobia???

Holidays are always tough. I spent many holidays alone and did not meet my wife until i was 37. I am not Agoraphobic but i do not like large crowds and puplic places to much. I now have three kids 14, 10 and 9 and they all have holiday plays at school and it's tough. Not to mention the three pages of crap they want for chirstmas that we can not afford ( whole nother anxiety trigger for me ). It will come around for you 1bluerose68. This forum is most active during the holidays for a reason Peace.
    " it is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt ", Mark Twain.