Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Can anxiety and stress cause vertigo?

I'm not talking about dizziness, I mean actual vertigo symptoms. A few nights ago I think I went through a anxiety attack but I'm not sure. One of the symptoms was vertigo. My room was spinning and my eyes where moving back in forth. It didn't last long but it got me worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfslice View Post
    I'm not talking about dizziness, I mean actual vertigo symptoms. A few nights ago I think I went through a anxiety attack but I'm not sure. One of the symptoms was vertigo. My room was spinning and my eyes where moving back in forth. It didn't last long but it got me worried.
    yes yes and yes, When I had bad bad anxiety, my doc superscribed me Meclazine originally due to vertigo like symptoms. When I got my anxiety finally under control the vertigo was gone! I found it related to my breathing issues. I would over oxygenate my self thinking I wasnt breathing properly.

I wasn't breathing heavily though. It just randomly started right before I started getting ready for bed. When I laid flat in bed it made it worse. When I woke up the next morning, it was gone.

Well the breathing was my cause, Anxiety can cause all kinds of crap so, it might not be the exact situation but I know for sure that it can be a cause and effect LOL

Thanks.
    Sorry if I sounded rude at all :P

Quote Originally Posted by Halfslice View Post
    Thanks.
    Sorry if I sounded rude at all :P
    No worries!!! Not at all!!! =)

Oh yes...I had vertigo, or what I named vertigo anyway. This was my main fixation, I thought 'oh, this must be a brain tumour', It wasn't. All anxiety related.
    One thing that helped was to not associate with the term vertigo, I'd use the word all the time, now this right now is the first time in weeks I have thought about it.
    Become aware of your breathing as well, make it rhythmic and deep,that helps immensely.
    Take care
    What you think, you become